sheldon cooper

Status
Please reply by conversation.

danristheman

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jan 25, 2011
85w
Has anyone recently had a Sheldon Cooper moment in fta or here recently? Sheldon cooper moment means you tell yourself your not smart everyone else is dumb around you? My point to this is my neighbor came up to me ask me if I had a tuner box so he could get more channels. He wanted channels like I was picking up on the my fta satellite system he asked abut epsn I said I don't get espn you have to pay for that. Then I said I get enough to watch on my fta system.

I helped out an Arabic family trying to get 97w ku the neighbor that asked about the tuner box got jealous of me helping them out. Trying not to sound self conceded here but you just want to scratch your head and figure out the American public educational system like sheldon said.

Reactions: DJdish
I guess part of that is that most of the general public, don´t get what FTA is, and many might imagine that by putting up a dish and hooking up a box, they can get to watch ESPN, HBO, etc without paying. ?

When people find out I don't get free HBO, most get that 'what's the point of it all' look on their faces. I find the news coverage of the African Continent and Europe to be worth the price of the equipment. For comedy - there this auction network out of Florida that's always entertaining
gueller.gif
(C-Band).

I recently helped a friend setup for 97W. I taught him how to point the dish and find channels. He was interested in receiving some Russian programming and never dreamed what a variety of foreign language programming was available. Not having subscription cable TV service in many years, it's a new experience. Everyday he tells me something new that he has found exploring.

I was glad I could pass my expertise on to someone else.

My point to this is my neighbor came up to me ask me if I had a tuner box so he could get more channels. He wanted channels like I was picking up on the my fta satellite system he asked abut epsn I said I don't get espn you have to pay for that. Then I said I get enough to watch on my fta system.

I recently had a buddy of mine over and he was interested in my FTA setup. He was blown away with the news I was watching. I told him I was watching 2 different birds 95W and 97W. He was amazed at how censored our news media was. He wants to get setup. I told him that if he was serious that for around $200 I can get him a system like mine for 1 bird only 97W. I will have to wait and see if he comes up with the money. Hell, I told him I would set it up, aim it and run his cable the whole thing. He is aware of the programming and knows that there is NO HBO, etc. I think he kind of likes the news like me. FTA is a blast, but the general public has no clue!

FTA and OTA forever baby!!!

Now that you mention about censorhip, I was watching Al Etejah yesterday and when they covered the killings at the sinagogue in Jerusalem, they showed footage from the crime scene that I didn´t see in other generally known news networks in North America.

Now that you mention about censorhip, I was watching Al Etejah yesterday and when they covered the killings at the sinagogue in Jerusalem, they showed footage from the crime scene that I didn´t see in other generally known news networks in North America.

Yeah...and Press TV shows all the blood too! I know this is going to sound terrible, but I like it! That is real news...real facts, and what everyone needs to see in the world! I give Press TV a +10 for graphic content!

@ DAN....for some reason when I saw the last name of Cooper in the topic, D.B. Cooper came to mind! LOL I don't think they ever found him...:hiding

Yeah...and Press TV shows all the blood too! I know this is going to sound terrible, but I like it! That is real news...real facts, and what everyone needs to see in the world! I give Press TV a +10 for graphic content!

Yep, I know what you mean. Last night I was flipping between Al Etejah and Press TV, so maybe I didn´t see that part on Press TV, but I usually flip for news between Press TV, Al Etejah, CCTV News (next door on 95), RT, CNC,.....
Al Etejah also has good coverage on international news.

Don´t blame you for that. Now that reminds me that I don´t even know the names of most characters in shows that I faithfully watch every week. :D

Ice, sheldon said when getting acting lessons from penny I am smart just every one else is dumber than box around me. Look up the show YouTube all about nerds.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)