Ship date: 8/29 Deliery Date: 9/1 ?

BluffingJ

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Aug 30, 2012
FL
I am on a 3 at a time, free trial, with no local Blockbuster.Netflix isn't an option as it will not take my card.Am I just not going to get near my moneys worth?

3 days after shipping to get to me (basing on estimated date)
No saturday delivery
Processing time after getting

I'm essentially looking max maybe 9 movies in a month. is that about right for most people? I watch a lot of movies I just happen to have no alternative.However $20 for 9 movies a month doesnt make sense money wise or based on my movie watching speed.Any advice here?

Do you have a Redbox anywhere near. You could get 20 movies for $20 per month. There is one in my local Walmart entrance. You have to look for them or you would think they are a Coke machine.

Were you seeing as big of length between shipping and delivery estimate as I was? Mind you i don't know for sure it wont get here before 9/1.Adding in the return time, the processing/send out time after they get it, and no Saturday, I don't see how I can get even 15 a month.

8/29 - Shipped (In mail day 1)
8/30 - In Mail Day 2
8/31 - In Mail Day 3
9/1 - Get here
9/3 - Mail back

Remember, you also get a dozen or so channels with that. I pay for BB@H for the channels. Then I started using them for discs by mail, too.

The BB@Home service with Dish includes those additional channels, whether you are watching them or not.

What you are mentioning isn't applicable to me.I don't have Dish. I found this forum by happenstance searching for blockbuster by mail shipping.I just have that and nothing else.

What you are mentioning isn't applicable to me.I don't have Dish. I found this forum by happenstance searching for blockbuster by mail shipping.I just have that and nothing else.

Blockbuster at Home is a Dish deal, if you have Blockbuster through that site,we here wouldn't have complete info if it works the same way as BB@Home does. If it works like BB@Home, estimated delivery is always 3 day, but I have received them in 2. Discs are only sent out Monday through Friday (it may be the employees who mail them do not work on Saturdays). If the returned disc is scanned and Blockbuster gets notified early that the returned disc is in the mail, the next disc may be sent out the next day. This does happen, but not on every returned disc.

Were you seeing as big of length between shipping and delivery estimate as I was? Mind you i don't know for sure it wont get here before 9/1.Adding in the return time, the processing/send out time after they get it, and no Saturday, I don't see how I can get even 15 a month.

8/29 - Shipped (In mail day 1)
8/30 - In Mail Day 2
8/31 - In Mail Day 3
9/1 - Get here
9/3 - Mail back

my last disc was shipped on 8/24 and i got it on 8/29. this is about average for me. sometimes i get them a day faster.

Basically they have decided that instead of acknowledging or answering my concerns/complaint about speed and price for speed (was asking if there was a better plan for a high volume movie watcher that can't return in store) just give me another free month.After all if it's free it is magically made better.

Mine usually come in two days after mailing, sometimes three, once four. It depends on the mail service between you and the distribution center that they are shipping yours from.

Greencine is more expensive, tried emailing their customer support last night to see about shipping speed and then an I got no response resend today, never got a reply to either.I'm a volume movie watcher, so 3 a week for $20/month would not be the best deal.May just give it a couple of weeks to see if it gets better, if not guess i gotta figure out how to get netflix.

Since I'm not too far from you (in Tallahassee) we should have same distro right?

Go figure 1 shipment in and the # of dvds i have out is already out of sync.Can anyone else clearly see blockbuster may not be right for me?

Originally, mine came from Pensacola, then they closed that distribution center, so then they came from Houston, Tx for about a month, and now from Atlanta, GA for the last several months. Where do yours come from.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts