Shockey to Saints?

Let a huge Giants fan speak: first and foremost, is he a good player? . . . yes; secondly, is he a team player . . no! He complained every passing play when the ball was not thrown his way and here is the major gripe . . . he never stayed in to block on running plays . . . he told the coaching staff and the Giants that he did not want a short career because of blocking . . . good riddance to him!

Yeah, but we (I'm a huge Saints fan and live here in Nawlins) throw the ball a TON. He'll get plenty to keep him happy. Plus Drew Loves throwing to TE's. Just look back at his days in San Diego with Gates.

Plus you're missing one thing, he didn't WANT to be on the Giants. He WANTS to be with us. That can do alot for a guy being a team player....ya think? I do :).

I think Brees and him will be an unbelievable tandem this year and agree wholeheartedly with you; though I would be concerned during home games and him living it up the night before :)

For the Giants fans happy to see him go; don't you think that Eli gained enough confidence last year to tell Shockey to just shut up? I understand that a veteran player riding him all the time would be hard on him but last years playoff run has to boost his control on the field. Or maybe it is one of those cases where you just say "Great trade, who did we get?"

For the Giants fans happy to see him go; don't you think that Eli gained enough confidence last year to tell Shockey to just shut up? I understand that a veteran player riding him all the time would be hard on him but last years playoff run has to boost his control on the field. Or maybe it is one of those cases where you just say "Great trade, who did we get?"

It's addition by subtraction. With Shockey the Giants quite possibly could have missed the playoffs, Coughlin gets fired, Eli continues to be questioned, etc. Without him they win the Super Bowl. You do the math.

Shockey knew if he were to return to the Giants, his complaints would have no validity whatsoever...and since that's what he does, he wanted out. How many players wouldn't want to join the Super Bowl champion? One for sure...Mr. Me, Jeremy Shockey.

Good luck to Drew Brees, who hasn't won anything yet and is sure to become Shockey's future punching bag.

As for those who think Kevin Boss isn't good enough...gee, do you think the Giants could ever win a Super Bowl with a guy like Boss at TE? ;)

Sandra

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)