shopping channel on AMC6ku

Status
Please reply by conversation.

turbosat

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Dec 26, 2006
Oneonta,AL
Just noticed this KTFL or whatever its called on AMC6ku is BOOMING ! Getting a 90 sig quality now, haven't been able to get more than about 25 -30 the last few weeks. Maybe they changed their cable connectors. The religious/HSN channel on 11890 is the one I mean.

Just noticed this KTFL or whatever its called on AMC6ku is BOOMING ! Getting a 90 sig quality now, haven't been able to get more than about 25 -30 the last few weeks. Maybe they changed their cable connectors. The religious/HSN channel on 11890 is the one I mean.

Turbosat,

I detect it at 84% Q on my AZBox. This is an exceptional signal quality for the AZBox. Somewhere near 28-32% is the threshold for the AZBox as near as I can tell, so it is well above that.

Check this channel out on Tuesday - Friday at midnight for Classic TV. Not sure what time zone this is supposed to be, I thought I caught it here in Omaha at 1 am before the change to DST.

You might catch the Beverly HillBillies or shows like that. I was happy to find this a few months back.

If you click on their channel website at Lyngsat it will take you directly to their program schedule. Classic TV doesn't show what is being aired, but it will show the time slot covered.

RADAR

Last edited:
I have had many problems trying to get this channel, in that when I type in the numbers 11890/1666 on my Fortec Dynamic Receiver, I get the error message "invalid parameter"..Wondering how to fix this..I get signal on the transponder, but cant lock the channel in..

Edit:Just now tried it-73Q but still cant see the channel

Last edited:
Tim, that Mercury2/Dynamic has some goofs in the software when it comes to adding a tp, or editing one. The only way I could get a Merc2 to pick that channel up was to manually add the transponder, then manually create the channel and add the PIDS, that way it would pick it up.
Since the M2's software continually reads the SR wrong, you have to fudge that a little bit too. Im no longer using my Merc2 for scanning, and that channel has been deleted from its list, or I'd give the exact numbers I used. I think it turned out to be 11891H SR 1670. it would vary on the tp freq from lnbf to lnbf, just experiment a little with it and you probably can get it working.

thanks Radar, I will try to catch something on there. I remember on rare occasions I have found something like old war documentaries on there at odd times/days, but I never made a note of it.
Need all the old movie programming channels I can find, since I enjoy them.

thanks Radar, I will try to catch something on there. I remember on rare occasions I have found something like old war documentaries on there at odd times/days, but I never made a note of it.
Need all the old movie programming channels I can find, since I enjoy them.

Turbo,

I enjoy the oldies stuff, too! The more channels we find that offer this, the better! Movies or series, anything is better than what they put out on TV normally today. Give me ReRuns of Leave It to Beaver or give me death! LOL :D

Heck, I know that sounds rather extreme, but it isn't too far off for me. I would give a lot just to see re-runs of Gilligan's Island and I Dream of Jeanie and Hogan's Heros right now!

Anything other than Jerry Springer! He just makes me want to get the SawZall out and perform a self labotomy! :eek:

RADAR

Tim, I tried last year to get the station on a Fortec Dynamic....no luck. I think the lowest symbol rate I could add was about 1900 or so. I finally gave up on that one. I don't think my Sathawk will blindscan it either....no manual pid on that box.....Blind

I have had many problems trying to get this channel, in that when I type in the numbers 11890/1666 on my Fortec Dynamic Receiver, I get the error message "invalid parameter"..Wondering how to fix this..I get signal on the transponder, but cant lock the channel in..

Edit:Just now tried it-73Q but still cant see the channel

The way I got it in my Dynamic was with the Editor. You can download it
from Fortec's website. With the remote you can not enter any SR lower
than 2000 but with the editor you can, then just upload to the Dynamic.

I've had something strange happen twice now since the signal increased. When I switched to KFTL, I lost all signal on all TPs on 72°. Only after moving away and then moving back does the signal return and then seems to be OK. I hadn't experienced the locking problem that some of you have cited with the Fortec Star receivers, it was always one of those borderline channels that was pixelated most of the time.

I had no problems while using my Dynamic Fortec. Use to get it at about 55% Quality.(I do have a 6 ft BU.) I am using now an Azbox Plus but have not gotten to scan that satellite yet, and also, I am looking forward to see if I can get RTV signal on the AZ....

Turbo,

I enjoy the oldies stuff, too! The more channels we find that offer this, the better! Movies or series, anything is better than what they put out on TV normally today. Give me ReRuns of Leave It to Beaver or give me death! LOL :D

Heck, I know that sounds rather extreme, but it isn't too far off for me. I would give a lot just to see re-runs of Gilligan's Island and I Dream of Jeanie and Hogan's Heros right now!

Anything other than Jerry Springer! He just makes me want to get the SawZall out and perform a self labotomy! :eek:

RADAR

One of the reasons i still have cable here in Baja is because of the reruns at Nickelodeon México (Nick-At-Nite) of:

- The Munsters;
- Addams Family;
- I Dream Of Jeannie;
- Bewitched;
- Get Smart;
- Alf+Fresh Prince of Bel Air (i know, not so old school buy i love it).

The only thing missing is Gilligan's Island, they don't show it anymore, nor Leave It To Beaver and Andy Griffith (i loved watching those reruns as a kid before going to the kindergarten some 30 years ago).

PS
I get KTFL here in Baja with an 6ft solid prime dish with a 60 Q, on the bigger dishes (8 and 10 ft) it goes up to 90 Q.

Cheers

Mike

now there is a slate about HSN moving to 28-2 and to rescan your converter box ;)

Attachments

• PICT0032.JPG
    PICT0032.JPG
    765.2 KB · Views: 114
One of the reasons i still have cable here in Baja is because of the reruns at Nickelodeon México (Nick-At-Nite) of:

- The Munsters;
- Addams Family;
- I Dream Of Jeannie;
- Bewitched;
- Get Smart;

The only thing missing is Gilligan's Island, they don't show it anymore, nor Leave It To Beaver and Andy Griffith (i loved watching those reruns as a kid before going to the kindergarten some 30 years ago).

PS
I get KTFL here in Baja with an 6ft solid prime dish with a 60 Q, on the bigger dishes (8 and 10 ft) it goes up to 90 Q.

Cheers

Mike

Sounds like that channel is more like what Nick at Nick, TV Land was once here. Too bad they decided to become just another rerun channel without much retro character.

Funny thing I noticed lately. My local ABC affiliate WTEN from Albany, NY that has a RTV subchannel on 10.3 has been airing RTV like programming on Sundays now too. The Munsters, Bewitched, Adams Family are now airing in the morning.

I've had something strange happen twice now since the signal increased. When I switched to KFTL, I lost all signal on all TPs on 72°. Only after moving away and then moving back does the signal return and then seems to be OK. I hadn't experienced the locking problem that some of you have cited with the Fortec Star receivers, it was always one of those borderline channels that was pixelated most of the time.

:eek: I experienced the same last night, but never worried about it ,thinking it was something to do with the weather in my area!!!

- The Munsters;
- Addams Family;
- I Dream Of Jeannie;
- Bewitched;
- Get Smart;

PS

Cheers

Mike

I have to say that I liked ALF! Here kitty kitty! That's a personal joke as I never really liked cats all that well, so Alf was my buddy in that respect. But, that is just something to be silly about.

I loved Gilligan and Bewitched and Andy Griffith (many others, too). My list goes on and on, but nothing today can capture my attention like these old shows. They were just pure fun and decent.

RADAR

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)