Status
Please reply by conversation.

eurosport

In Dave Grohl We Trust!
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Mar 31, 2008
North Florida
Got this one from a friend today. 5 footer. I think I'll call him "Baby-C" :D I'm going to use this one for a dedicated W5 setup with my DSR-410... if 5ft is big enough. It's solid metal with a Rat-Shack voltage controlled LNBF on it.

Attachments

• bday2010 017.JPG
    bday2010 017.JPG
    61 KB · Views: 202
  • bday2010 018.JPG
    bday2010 018.JPG
    76.8 KB · Views: 197
  • bday2010 019.JPG
    bday2010 019.JPG
    49.1 KB · Views: 178
  • bday2010 020.JPG
    bday2010 020.JPG
    70.7 KB · Views: 170
  • bday2010 021.JPG
    bday2010 021.JPG
    58.1 KB · Views: 175
  • bday2010 022.JPG
    bday2010 022.JPG
    57.6 KB · Views: 211
Having a mesh version that size it works pretty well for the really strong transponders.
Tried it on 87, 91, 99, 121 and worked great :)

very cool :)

The 5 footer should work on W5...I know a 6 foot solid works fine

6 footers work great on W5. I'd like to see some EBNO readings on a 5 foot, wouldn't you Ice?

Go for it Euro :D

Edited

I scanned the original ad out of a 95 shack catalog for the system. The price for the whole thing was $799.99. It was for G5.

Attachments

• rs5foot.jpg
    rs5foot.jpg
    46.4 KB · Views: 169
Last edited:
Nice save Euro.

I use a 6' offset for W5, it works great. I bet the 5' will do just as well. I remember when I first set mine up was with the DSR410 when the change over to C band came about 2 years ago and it had no problem at all.

6 footers work great on W5. I'd like to see some EBNO readings on a 5 foot, wouldn't you Ice?

If I had a receiver that could do DCII other than Shaw I would try it but all I have here is a 205 & 505 (both Shaw receivers fixed on AnikF1/F2 KU)

If I remember right I peaked out about a +10 on that 6 foot I put up. A 5 should do at least +6 to 7 I would think. No +15 though :)

If I remember right I peaked out about a +10 on that 6 foot I put up. A 5 should do at least +6 to 7 I would think. No +15 though :)
We should have an official "Baby-C" EBNO report this weekend! Thursday or Friday I'll be getting a couple bags of concrete mix, and the pole should be ready by Saturday. The LNBF that's already on it is a 25 degree, so it should work fine for this. Then the coax will be run to the 410, and the W5 system will be ready to go! :D:up

We should have an official "Baby-C" EBNO report this weekend! Thursday or Friday I'll be getting a couple bags of concrete mix, and the pole should be ready by Saturday. The LNBF that's already on it is a 25 degree, so it should work fine for this. Then the coax will be run to the 410, and the W5 system will be ready to go! :D:up

Cool! we will be waiting for the reports. I guess were all nuts can't have too many dishes. I had one, now I have 5 :D

What do the neighbors think :eek:

Cool! we will be waiting for the reports. I guess were all nuts can't have too many dishes. I had one, now I have 5 :D

What do the neighbors think :eek:
My brother lives next door, he has accepted seeing 6 satellite dishes in my yard! (Baby-C will make 7) My neighbor behind me hasn't said anything about "the farm" but just yesterday my 2 daughters (11 and 12) were playing with the neighbor kids, and one of them asked my 11-year-old "How come your Daddy has so many satellites?" to which my daughter replied with another question..."Have you ever watched a Gator football game on TV, at your house, all the way through, with no commercials, AND see the bands play at halftime?"... to which the neighbor kid said "nope" ...and my daughter promptly replied "THAT'S why my Daddy has all those satellite dishes!" :D:up

My brother lives next door, he has accepted seeing 6 satellite dishes in my yard! (Baby-C will make 7) My neighbor behind me hasn't said anything about "the farm" but just yesterday my 2 daughters (11 and 12) were playing with the neighbor kids, and one of them asked my 11-year-old "How come your Daddy has so many satellites?" to which my daughter replied with another question..."Have you ever watched a Gator football game on TV, at your house, all the way through, with no commercials, AND see the bands play at halftime?"... to which the neighbor kid said "nope" ...and my daughter promptly replied "THAT'S why my Daddy has all those satellite dishes!" :D:up

Your teaching the kids right, that's great :) She will make a fine wife someday for a satellite type guy. Maybe she will get into it herself when she gets older. I'm sure that will make Daddy proud :D

Both my daughters think the FTA system is cool. The 11 year old helps me carry stuff like the Pansat 2500, and small TV out, when I want to find a new bird. My wife has a job where she has to travel around sometimes, and she spots dishes for me! Yesterday she helped me unload "Baby-C" out of the truck, and she said "That one's neat- it looks different than the others" -I'm blessed with an "FTA-Friendly" family! :)

Both my daughters think the FTA system is cool. The 11 year old helps me carry stuff like the Pansat 2500, and small TV out, when I want to find a new bird. My wife has a job where she has to travel around sometimes, and she spots dishes for me! Yesterday she helped me unload "Baby-C" out of the truck, and she said "That one's neat- it looks different than the others" -I'm blessed with an "FTA-Friendly" family! :)

You couldn't ask for anything more :)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)