Scored another free dish!

Status
Please reply by conversation.
My brother lives next door, he has accepted seeing 6 satellite dishes in my yard! (Baby-C will make 7) My neighbor behind me hasn't said anything about "the farm" but just yesterday my 2 daughters (11 and 12) were playing with the neighbor kids, and one of them asked my 11-year-old "How come your Daddy has so many satellites?" to which my daughter replied with another question..."Have you ever watched a Gator football game on TV, at your house, all the way through, with no commercials, AND see the bands play at halftime?"... to which the neighbor kid said "nope" ...and my daughter promptly replied "THAT'S why my Daddy has all those satellite dishes!" :D:up

aww bless her little heart!

you really are blessed euro, sounds like baby-c found a nice home. :p

I did. But I could only get AnikF1 maps on it and only the ZK stuff

Had a 905 but got zapped and blew up

Had a 4200 that was a doorstop

Me & DCII just dont get along I guess ;)

Come on Ice, your Starchoice works. DC-2 is a needed toy to play, grab another one your bound to get a winner. :)

Both my daughters think the FTA system is cool. The 11 year old helps me carry stuff like the Pansat 2500, and small TV out, when I want to find a new bird. My wife has a job where she has to travel around sometimes, and she spots dishes for me! Yesterday she helped me unload "Baby-C" out of the truck, and she said "That one's neat- it looks different than the others" -I'm blessed with an "FTA-Friendly" family! :)

Wow that is super! :up

My family likes to help watch TV but not too interested in what I drag home! :eek:

By the way, is that your wife in your avatar??? :D

The whole story of "Baby-C"

Approximately 6 months ago, while delivering parts to one of our customers, I noticed the dish in his neighbor's yard. I asked him.."You think your neighbor want's to get rid of that satellite dish?" (There was a pizza-dish next to it) He said "I don't know but I'll find out for you." Well some time passed and I really hadn't thought much about the mid-size dish 'till this past Monday, when I went back out there with another delivery, as I pulled up, I looked out the truck window and the dish was GONE! :eek: I asked him "Did your neighbor get rid of the dish?" He looked over there, and said "It was just there this weekend"....He told me he'd be sure to ask her if she still had it (there is a large storage building out back). So, back to the store I go, and another customer (a good friend of mine) was there and needed shocks for his truck. Turns out, the lady with the dish was this guy's mother!...he told me "I just cut it off at the ground Saturday, it's in my metal recycling bin, and I just called this morning to have it emptied" :eek: :eek: Fearing the worst, I asked him if it was (gulp) destroyed in there, or gone. He said "Nope, it's fine.....and near the top!" So I go over to his place, we pulled it out of the bin full of mangled car parts, (he owns a body shop) set it aside, and at 5 o'clock I went back with my personal truck, and we loaded up Baby-C, and I took him home! It was a close one for sure! :D:up

That was some worthwhile dumpster diving or quite an emergency rescue mission!!! :up

Either way - good save! :cool:

poster child for FTA:

... just yesterday my 2 daughters (11 and 12) were playing with the neighbor kids, and one of them asked my 11-year-old "How come your Daddy has so many satellites?" to which my daughter replied with another question..."Have you ever watched a Gator football game on TV, at your house, all the way through, with no commercials, AND see the bands play at halftime?"... to which the neighbor kid said "nope" ...and my daughter promptly replied "THAT'S why my Daddy has all those satellite dishes!" :D:up
You know... she should go on a speaking tour for FTA.
Maybe use FTA as a science project at school.
She's way more informed than ALL the adults in her school, already!

But, maybe it all comes back to the parents... ya just can't argue with good brain-washing! - :eek:

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)