Should Directv buy DISH?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.
Siri-XM is the poster child for why this shouldn't happen. After their merger prices went up, quality (playlist wise) of the channels went down, and there has been close to zero as far as new hardware offerings and innovation. Hell, three years after the merger and you still can't put a Siri and XM radio on the same account, you have to have two separate accounts and pay full price for both.

The only thing that has come to subscriber's benefit is the fact the Sirius/XM is now very easy to get a discounted subscription. I.E. I have been on the 5 months for $20.00 for about a year now. If they won't offer it anymore...I guess I don't really need the luxury of satellite radio.

Same here, I've renewed it 4 times.. But from what I've heard recently, the endless 5 for 20 is gone. They're doing 5 for 25 once then you get nothing.

Same here, I've renewed it 4 times.. But from what I've heard recently, the endless 5 for 20 is gone. They're doing 5 for 25 once then you get nothing.

my dad is coming up on the end of his 2nd 5 for $20. We;ll see what they offer ;)

Should Directv buy DISH?

NO!
I like choice.....and frankly I really dont want to deal with some of the now current Dish posters if this thing happened and we were all in one subforum ;)

A monopoly ius a monopoly, no matter how you look at it. This will never happen I don''t care how good it looks to some. XM/Sirius is a whole different story. Separate they were going to fold, together they are getting by. Dish can hold it's own as well as Direct can. There really is no reason, except blind greed, this should even be contemplated. Why not allow Mobil/Exxon to merge with Shell or Chevron. Bad for business, bad for the consumer.

shodobe said:
A monopoly ius a monopoly, no matter how you look at it. This will never happen I don''t care how good it looks to some. XM/Sirius is a whole different story. Separate they were going to fold, together they are getting by. Dish can hold it's own as well as Direct can. There really is no reason, except blind greed, this should even be contemplated. Why not allow Mobil/Exxon to merge with Shell or Chevron. Bad for business, bad for the consumer.

You're right about everything except "bad for business". If you're the owner of the monopoly, "business is good".

Actually Sirius was the one in trouble. XM was only a couple years away from getting out of the red. All Sirius knew how to do was hemorrhage cash.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts