Should I canx/reschedule install

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Lyor

Original poster
Mar 31, 2009
Alabama
I am a new Directv customer and have ordered the Whole House Video system with 2 HDVRs and 2 HD receivers, but failed to order up the internet connection kit. Should I roll the dice, let the installer show up and if he does not have the install kit canx the install then or just canx now and reschedule for a later date after getting the install kit added to my order? Not sure if it matters but I live in Huntsville, Al.

I believe what you called the internet connection kit was for connecting the DVR to the internet for on demand. You don't need that with your installation. The DECA modules will handle all of that. There just needs to be one connected to your internet router.

I am a new Directv customer and have ordered the Whole House Video system with 2 HDVRs and 2 HD receivers, but failed to order up the internet connection kit. Should I roll the dice, let the installer show up and if he does not have the install kit canx the install then or just canx now and reschedule for a later date after getting the install kit added to my order? Not sure if it matters but I live in Huntsville, Al.

Why can't you just call and add it to the order?

That is a minor part and I think you're fine to leave your order alone.

It is just another DECA adapter, and a DECA power supply. If the tech doesn't have DECA power supplies he can sub a SWiM 21V power supply, that works and is approved install.

Why can't you just call and add it to the order?

I have an install today which I know won't happen because they won't have a SWM16. The people taking the orders all say that they can't change an order after it's generated. They can only cancel it and make a new one. Also they can not specify a certain type or model. I need a SWM 16 and the computer puts a SWM 8 on the order and there is apparently nothing any one can do about it.

I have an install today which I know won't happen because they won't have a SWM16. The people taking the orders all say that they can't change an order after it's generated. They can only cancel it and make a new one. Also they can not specify a certain type or model. I need a SWM 16 and the computer puts a SWM 8 on the order and there is apparently nothing any one can do about it.

I can't even know what you are looking to do with your system, MRV or otherwise, so why do you need a SWM 16?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts