Should I do it?

JamesJ

AKA Stuart628
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Jul 21, 2004
Akron (Cleveland), Oh
Toshiba HD A3 from walmart is 39 dollars in the clearance section, I use my Ps3 on my Toshiba Tv now, should I get this as a upconverter, and gasp get my HD DVD's back? King Kong and Transformers were my favorites!

Only you can answer that. I can tell you that with the closeout prices I have purchased a lot of discs and I find it well worth the HDMI slot allocated to the Toshiba. If you are only going to have a disc or two though, I wonder if it is worth it. I expect you will see both King Kong and Transformers on BR within 6 months.

$40? And you have to ask if you should do it? Its a no-brainer.

I paid $80 for my HD A20, and it was worth every penny. Still plenty of HD DVDs out there to be purchased. :)

Not sure what other's experiences are but I bought the HD-a2 back in the late fall and the HD-DVD's I've got look GREAT! But, the main reason for the post is the excellent job the unit does of upconverting. I bought a PS3 in February and while it upconverts well it does not come close to the HD-A2. It makes regular DVD's look darn near like HD (IMHO)!! So for $40 you would have an excellent upconvert player if nothing else, so I would have to say GO FOR IT!

alright if its there tommorow its mine! :) I was going to get it today, btu my wife got REALLY sick and REALLY fast last night, some kind of flu bug, so I stayed home and took care of My buddy! I will let you guys know what I think tommorow.

Wife first, upconverter second, but remember that letting SatGuys know is third!

alright I got it, I took it to the register, it was marked 39 (from 298-79 then to 39) well I noticed there was no power cord, so I told her if she wouldnt taking more off of the player as now I gotta go get a power cord...and I got the HD DVD player for a total of 24 dollars plus tax.....got home, and inside was alvin and the chipmunks, so far so good! once I play around with this I will elt you guys know what I think

$15 for a power cord. This really has worked out for you. Enjoy. Now go get all those movies that cost $30 on BD for less then $10 somewhere on clearence.

I paid $80 for my HD A20, and it was worth every penny. Still plenty of HD DVDs out there to be purchased. :)

I paid $325 for my HD-A20 over a year ago (just put the box into the recycling carton two days ago). A buddy paid $400 for his (still $100 off MSRP at the time). I still use mine. (However, it will move into the bedroom if LG ever gets the HDi in the BH200 perfected.) He and his wife have a new (human) baby. For him, it's an expensive paperweight now.

Okay So I needed some things from the local wally world and poped in there on my way home from work (yes I went to wal mart twice today, 2 different ones by the way) and I saw they had the new blu ray players, I checked those out, then looked over and saw three HD DVD's
on clearence and transformers was one of them 17 dollars and I am a happy man...probably could have gotten it a little cheaper online somewhere but I am impatient :)

I thought Transformers on BD was not released yet ?? If it was, does it have a DTS Master Audio track and/or 7.1 SS ?? If so I might consider finding one for my (future) BD collection. Otherwise is there any other reason to buy that one when the HD DVD version still looks and sounds great ??

TIA...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts