Should I get a 922?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
I went from the 722k to the 922 and then after a year of pain, I went back to a 722k. I have had two original hoppers for two years and recently this last week traded in one hopper for a super joey. SO now I can record up to 9 shows at a time with the ota usb tuner added. I love being able to see all my tuners on one receiver and there are NO conflicts now . I LOVE my hopper and super joey , but hate what they keep doing to regular features ,when they try to add some new feature. Namely the ota tuner keeps getting screwed with. I have no name based recording on any of my ota sub channels now since S438 two months ago and have to use manual timers to record them. But I still wouldn't trade in my hopper /super joey /joey configuration for anything right now. The hopper is the best DISH receiver I have ever had ,even with the software quirks that keep getting introduced in the updates.

I went from 2 301s to a 721 & 508 to 2 ViP622s to 2 ViP722s to 2 HWS and an owned Joey. I am IMPRESSED with the Hopper system. My complaints about transferring programs to the EHD turned out to be due to corrupted recordings. True, I cannot record OTA subchannels (-02 and up) from the EPG, but I can manually.

The Hopper system is GREAT! We will always find something to complain about. Now, we are mostly complaining that we don't like the hood ornament on the Rolls.

Posted Via The FREE SatelliteGuys Reader App!

I will say that the problems with not being able to set up timers for OTA sub-channels IS NOT a deal breaker for me because,like I'm sure a lot of other Dish customers,I don't have OTA TV. Eventually I plan on getting there,but it helps to be informed on what I'd be getting. I'm not knocking the Hopper system,I'm just saying that maybe I should slow down a little bit until the bugs are worked out before I do take the leap.

Reactions: KazooGuy

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)