Should I get a Superdish?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

makman

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
I have a 721 and a 508. I have no HD plans right now or for the foreseeable future. I am on AT150 and get both locals and distant nets, as well as superstations.

My question is, since I can get the superdish for free, should I?

Mitch

Why would you get it for free? I thought you had to have an HD pack or locals through 105.

Well, it appears that superdish is the "future" of Dish Network's channel offerings. I would probably go for any "free" offer since it won't eliminate any programming that you are currently receiving and will ensure that you are ready for any future offerings! Free is good! ;-) GFI (Go for it)! :)

From the Charlie Chat Comments thread:

(11) SuperDish Antenna Upgrade

(a) $200 plus $99 installation. Stars 11/1/03. $199 up front.

or

(b) Free with 1 year commitment to America's top 50 plus local packager
or HD package. Expires 1/31/04. Savings of $299.

-----

1 YR TOP 50 and Locals or HD

Does the SuperDish work with legacy receovers. pr do you have to have a Dish-Pro Legacy adapter? I've got a non-DishPro Dish 500 with a non DishPro dish and single LNB pointed at 61.5. These go into a SW64 for viewing on my 508 and 3000 model recievers. Would I have to change switches with a SuperDish? Any advice?

Thanks,
TimR><>

8bitbytes said:
From the Charlie Chat Comments thread:

(11) SuperDish Antenna Upgrade

(a) $200 plus $99 installation. Stars 11/1/03. $199 up front.

or

(b) Free with 1 year commitment to America's top 50 plus local packager
or HD package. Expires 1/31/04. Savings of $299.

-----

1 YR TOP 50 and Locals or HD

If you can get locals without the superdish, do you still qualify under (b)?

This makes me wonder if the next dish that is new that comes out in the future will be bigger or smaller, after seeing the dish size go up two times in a row on a new type of dish being released.

makman said:
If you can get locals without the superdish, do you still qualify under (b)?

On the chat, they just said "Locals Package", they did not say it had to be locals on the 105 bird. Of course, they just announce things and the details are up to whatever you can convince the CSR of when you call them. Kind of like having an out-of-state billing address.

Stargazer said:
This makes me wonder if the next dish that is new that comes out in the future will be bigger or smaller, after seeing the dish size go up two times in a row on a new type of dish being released.

Depends on how many satellites you need to pickup on one dish. FCC allows up to a 3 foot dish AFAIK.

Almost half way to C-band!

The SuperDish is 26 of those 36 inches. Only 10 inches left to go and 8 inches used already. I think they should try to implement phased array antennas with multi satellite functionality in that dishes/antennas to bring in the signal also needs to undergo some technological advances like the receivers are.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts