Should I get HD Absolute or wait for HD Turbo?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
In my case, we've only got (1) 622 receiver and (2) TVs, so I won't be "missing" any channels. I understand that's not the case for everyone though.
I'm in the same boat as you hall. If my wife wants to watch Disney on TV2, she just uses the 'normal' format that makes the aspect ratio 4:3.

Will find out details shortly.... I just used the online chat and downgraded. $40/month total... Damn ! Haven't had a cable or satellite bill that low in a LONG TIME !

No kidding, I'm happy, and most importantly the wife is happy! Mine is $50.97/month...$5 for locals and $5 extra rcvr fee, plus $5 DVR fee and $5 Programming Access fee (ridiculous nickel and dime fees, IMO!)

No kidding, I'm happy, and most importantly the wife is happy! Mine is $50.97/month...$5 for locals and $5 extra rcvr fee, plus $5 DVR fee and $5 Programming Access fee (ridiculous nickel and dime fees, IMO!)
Are your receivers hooked up to a phone line? I thought the Programming Access fee was waived in that case.

Any idea which ones are missing?
Check out post #17 in this thread for a complete list, but I'll try to compile here. I know some of these don't have SD counterparts anyway, but here is the list of channels in Absolute that don't have an SD channel in the package.

The channels that are HD only are:
Bravo HD
ESPNews HD
Disney HD
Toon Disney HD
ABC Family HD
CNBC+ HD
WGN America HD
HD Net HD
Discovery HD Theater HD
Universal HD HD
Music HD HD
Smithsonian Channel HD HD
HD Net Movies HD
MGM HD HD
WFN (HD) HD
NHL Net HD

Just curious, do you configure the bridge in "wired" mode to set up the security aspect of it, then it can "talk" wirelessly ? When that's done, you hard-wire the receiver to the bridge ?

Check out post #17 in this thread for a complete list, but I'll try to compile here. I know some of these don't have SD counterparts anyway, but here is the list of channels in Absolute that don't have an SD channel in the package.

The channels that are HD only are:
Bravo HD
ESPNews HD
Disney HD
Toon Disney HD
ABC Family HD
CNBC+ HD
WGN America HD
HD Net HD
Discovery HD Theater HD
Universal HD HD
Music HD HD
Smithsonian Channel HD HD
HD Net Movies HD
MGM HD HD
WFN (HD) HD
NHL Net HD

So are these channels available on a second TV (the non-HD output from the 722 receiver)?

I just switched from AEP to dishHD absolute with HBO and Starz. My bill went from 140 a month to 74. Sure Ill miss a few Buckeyes games on BTN, but my best friend lives half a mile away and has Uverse, so Ill just head over there for the games I want to watch, or head to my favorite bar. Heck, saving 840 bucks a year making this change!!! :eek:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)