Should i go E or comcast?

Sure, go with Comcast. You might save some money on Triple play by adding phone or internet, but upgrade or not their Tv service is still garbage.

How so?

I know it's been awhile since you have had cable, and I don't know if Detroit has World of More or not, but until they do and you compare the new stuff, you really shouldn't compare them. Dish isn't so great anymore.

I'm going to repeat a suggestion from earlier. If you are in a neighborhood, try to find a close neighbor with cable and HD, and check out his/her PQ before you pull the trigger.
After being with E* for 10 years + and having the best DVR's I couldn't settle for anything less. I couldn't deal with slow junk from D* or optimum. But thats just me.
I say try the equipment see if you can deal with it.
Good luck.

The PQ is just a tad softer on Dish. Not noticeable though. If I had to choose between Dish and Comcast right now I would go Dish because of their great equipment and selection of HD channels. I do have Comcast for Phone and Internet and it works great. Those services are where Comcast shines. The Comcast cable boxes only have a 160 gig hard drive compared to the 500 gig in the 722K and they are so slow and buggy!

Wrong. They have an HD-DVR with 320 gig and one with 500 gig. Not any more buggy than Dish receivers.

Actually Comcast does have a 500 gb hard drive in their Dcx3400 DVR. Now however unlike with E they don't give you your first receiver free, there is a 20$ a month charge just for the DCX. And let no one fool you, to get their best promotions Comcast is requiring a 24 month contract

Here, first HD-DVR is only $10 with first year free. And no 24 month contract needed. That's if you want any rebate deal.

yaz96 said:
Wrong. They have an HD-DVR with 320 gig and one with 500 gig. Not any more buggy than Dish receivers.

Here, first HD-DVR is only $10 with first year free. And no 24 month contract needed. That's if you want any rebate deal.

Sounds like you have much better deals then here in the Denver area, any of the xfinity triple play deals have a 24 month commitment. Now you said the HD-DVR is only 10 a month, does that include the DCX? Or is that just for their crap HD-DVR?

For TV service, I'd say compare the lineups from Comcast and Dish, then make your choice. If you like american sports, chances are you will be better off with Comcast than with Dish, because Dish will at best carry your Local RSN in HD for games only, whereas Comcast will probably carry it/them 24x7 in HD. Now, if you like soccer, then you really would need to check the Comcast lineup in your area, because Comcast carries Fox Soccer in HD in very few areas but, on the other hand, Dish doesn't carry Goltv at all while Comcast does carry it in SD.
For other HD channels, you are just better off comparing the 2 lineups. The challenge with Cable is that there are Comcast-serviced areas with close to 150 channels and others with a bit over 30.
As far as equipment goes, I had been a subscriber of the 3 providers. Nothing beats the 722k Dish box, however, the last Comcast box I have ever used was a 160Gb Moto 3416 box and, as some have stated here, Comcast has deployed newer DVR box.
In any event, if you are a sports fan, you probably will be a bit disappointed anyways, because only on Directv you have all these special channels for the big Tennis and Golf tourneys, the Sunday Ticket, the special channels for Uefa Champions League, Nascar Hot pass, etc.

Sounds like you have much better deals then here in the Denver area, any of the xfinity triple play deals have a 24 month commitment. Now you said the HD-DVR is only 10 a month, does that include the DCX? Or is that just for their crap HD-DVR?

I'm in the Springs, should be the same deals. No contracts, unless you want one, same in Denver. $10 for any HD-DVR, except the Whole House DVR.

cable offerings and pic quality vary by area. i strongly suggest you follow KAB'S advise. i hear how great comcast is in other areas and i believe it. but here in my area its almost as bad as Uverse.not much selection and disgusting prices

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)