Should I go with 4 satellites or stick with 3?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

ajohnson

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jul 9, 2004
Riverside, CA
Haven't been around here for a while, looks like I missed alot. Specifically I didn't know about all the Voom HD content on 129. Presently I have 2 dish 500s, 1 pointed at 110/119 and one with single lnb at 148. I'm contemplating swinging my 148 dish to point at 129. However since I already have extra wiring in place between my switches (dpp44 and dp34) and my roof, I'm also contemplating getting a 3rd dish just to point at 129 (or maybe even 61.5 - I originally pointed my 148 dish there just for fun but I'm in California :p )

Is there any compelling reason to keep a dish for 148 or 61.5 and also have one for 129? Heck, I almost got one for 121 a while back :D

Current equipment:
DVR921
DVR510

Unless you have second SD locals or internationals only at 148 there's no reason to keep a dish pointed there, swing it over to 129

BFG said:
Unless you have second SD locals or internationals only at 148 there's no reason to keep a dish pointed there, swing it over to 129

I disagree if he has HBO-HD since from what I'm hearing the bitrate on 110 for it is sh*t compared to 148's. Kinda pathetic when the bitrate for channels like THAT aren't equal across the Sats carrying it. I would suggest pointing an extra Dish at 61.5 over 129 for the time being after what I've heard about 129 being a crippled satellite right now however that may not be an option for you in the future if you end up having local HD on the 129 which is where most peoples will probably be.

I'll probably try out 61.5 then. I can get all my locals in HD OTA. That is, when they're broadcasting :D At least I can get the east coast feed of CBSHD that way.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)