should I install a WNC AU2 antenna?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

eugeneg

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Aug 2, 2009
north dakota
I live in North Dakota at the Canadian Border.
I have an old sony antenna which is pointed at 101. It's reception is quite good.
I have a wnc au2 antenna which I bought a number of years ago and didn't install. I am thinking of installing it now that I have some time to play with the installation and the setup.
Any recommendations?

Is this an 18x20 3LNB oval dish???
If so, unless you are wanting spanish or other international prog, what IS the point?
What little HD is left on it will NO longer be there by around the end of the year.

Sometimes, having something simpler is better... ;)

I thought that it would pick up 101 110 and 119.

It does - & again, there isn't anything on those other birds except Spanish, some Chinese, a few leftover HD channels which WILL be going bye bye by the end of the year, & local channels from other markets. You have to PAY to get those foreign channels as well, which are NOT cheap. I'm assuming you are NOT trying to get locals from other markets, either.

It's NOT going to make your reception ANY better on the 101 bird, either.

So again, what extra channels DO you think you're going to get by switching dishes... :confused: :confused:

Last edited:
Quite honestly I can understand practical advice.
I did not know what was on the other satellites and was asking what I thought was a simple and civil question.
I was happy with Dishrich's response. However boba decided he was being left out and had to pop in his two cents.
Thank you to you dishrich.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)