Should I leave skew at 0º with no polarizer?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

gmd63

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Sep 3, 2007
A few days till my holidays, then I will be throwing up my Fortec Star 6' dish.

I have a question. On these Prime focus dishes with no polarizer control, just a Polar mount East - West. Do you just leave the LNBF skew at 0º?
Looks like most satellites have different amount of skew to them, so If I skew it then on other satellites, it would really throw them out. Just leave skew to 0º I am guessing?

Thanks.

A few days till my holidays, then I will be throwing up my Fortec Star 6' dish.

I have a question. On these Prime focus dishes with no polarizer control, just a Polar mount East - West. Do you just leave the LNBF skew at 0º?
Looks like most satellites have different amount of skew to them, so If I skew it then on other satellites, it would really throw them out. Just leave skew to 0º I am guessing?

Thanks.
Yes leave it at zero and you will be fine.

Well, thank you very much. The faster I can get it up, with the least amount of hassle, is the way I like it.;)

unless the dish is at a fixed location the skew would be zero

what LNB are you going to use? Some for an odd reason the skew is off by 90 degrees. The Geosat C2 dual LNB is off by 90 degrees

Wow, I have a Digiwave dual polarity 13º I was going to use, but found a Digiwave with the same specs, but dual output which I will use.

On a side note, On the Fortec Star 6'. I started pulling the parts apart and see it looks like it is designed for the actuator to go on the right (from the back of the dish).
Being in the West, I thought the actuator arm was to go on the left (so I've read). But to do this I would have to flip everything in reverse. In which the bar on the back of the dish would be upside down?

Is this how it should be done? or not worry about it and do it how it is in the instructions - on the right?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)