Should I switch to Dish network?

Bull? It is a pretty well known fact that Dish isn't great for sports. In the NY area it is terrible. You would figure a game like Yankee's opening day on ESPN could be seen even without Yes, but it was blacked out for those of us with Dish. Now I don't live in other areas, but from my understanding Dish is lacking in HD feeds of many of the local RSN's that they do carry. Also they are lacking channels in Philly, I believe San Diego, and also some other areas.
If you only like football, then you can watch on national channels, and Dish does of course carry the NFL network, which I do commend them for . Cablevision and Time Warner cable, both in NY, still haven't worked out an agreement with the NFL network, which is one reason that I don't have cable, but not having any of the RSN's in the largest sports market in the country, is a pretty poor decision on Chucks part in my opinion.

Your statement was, "...If you value anything other than football, then you will not be happy with Dish..." Which is a complete bullsh*t statement. I enjoy baseball, and I am happy with Dish. I enjoy hockey, and I am happy with Dish. I enjoy movies, and I am happy with Dish. and ironically, not a big football fan, but I am still happy with Dish!

ndixon1517 said:
Sports aren't that Important. Correction, I have to watch my NY JETS. Found a site online that broadcasts the games for free. Found myself being pissed that I spent $$ for NFL ticket when that site existed.
-N

So you're a thief? Great...

Slamminc11 said:
Your statement was, "...If you value anything other than football, then you will not be happy with Dish..." Which is a complete bullsh*t statement. I enjoy baseball, and I am happy with Dish. I enjoy hockey, and I am happy with Dish. I enjoy movies, and I am happy with Dish. and ironically, not a big football fan, but I am still happy with Dish!

You just don't like picture quality, right? The vast majority of the channels which broadcast the sports you like are 1080i channels. Which means HD lite with Dish. Why bother getting HD if you're with Dish? Might as well save your money.

you gotta live in Denver or at least Colorado. Honestly there is no way in holy heck that someone could say that with a straight face unless they live in Colorado where Charlie has the sports networks there and doesn't screw with those.

Gimmie a break!

Dish Blacks out stuff even when its not supposed to be, we just proved that last night.
Dish is the last place you go for Baseball football, and any NY teams.

You just don't like picture quality, right? The vast majority of the channels which broadcast the sports you like are 1080i channels. Which means HD lite with Dish. Why bother getting HD if you're with Dish? Might as well save your money.
You have no clue what your talking about.

Dish PQ is a fraction different then D*.

They are both HD Lite .
You were asked several times to prove that D* not HD lite. And you still haven't.

One thing to consider is to look at alternative programing from Dish, such as all the movies that can be streamed from Dishonline.com. With the annoucement of a partnership with Epix, there will be
a lot of movies to add to your viewing. And of course the 35 pay-per-view movies on Dish, add all that to your premium channels HBO, Starz or whatever and you have a pretty good lineup

lparsons21 said:
My chosen sports are golf and boxing, so pretty much any provider can fill the bill nicely.

My adult son likes most sports and has found that Dish is providing him more of it than he can watch.

That said, for an avid fan of some sports, Dish wouldn't be good enough.

Do other providers cover the Masters and other major tournaments like Direct, with the interactive mix channels and channels that are covering different parts of the tournaments?

Sent from my iPad using SatelliteGuys

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts