Should i take this deal?

guitarhero4rox

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
May 16, 2009
Seattle
I spoke with a representative the other day and she gave me a special offer. She said she would give me the DISHLATINO MAX HD Essential package for 59.99 plus taxes. This includes all the fees(Locals are included in dishlatino) She is also letting me pay just 125 Dollars for the DUO VIP 722 HD-DVR and the DUO VIP222 Hd Receiver. The total price is 59.99 plus taxes. Would this be a good deal?

BTW, i live in washington state, and the tax is 9.1%, so the total price is 65.45 with tax. Should i take the offer?

I currently have the DISHLATINO DOS package, the DISHLATINO MAX has more channels
I have the 625 DVR and the 322. They are both SD
I pay 62.05 currently

Last edited:
Are you an existing Customer?If so thats not a good deal to upgrade.I only paid 25.00 to upgrade to a 722 HD DVR (duo).Maybe the extra receiver is what is costing you.If your new its a decent deal,but as existing Customer I would try and get a better deal(just tell them your looking at other providers for best deal)Latino Max deal sounds like their normals rates.They should give a better deal on that for at least a few months.Let us know what you end up with.

Are you an existing Customer?If so thats not a good deal to upgrade.I only paid 25.00 to upgrade to a 722 HD DVR (duo).Maybe the extra receiver is what is costing you.If your new its a decent deal,but as existing Customer I would try and get a better deal(just tell them your looking at other providers for best deal)Latino Max deal sounds like their normals rates.They should give a better deal on that for at least a few months.Let us know what you end up with.

I think the reason that it costs a lot is because i am currently just a SD suscriber, so yes i am a current customer. Yes, it is 125 for bothe receivers and it includes installation for both. Another reason i think it is a good deal is because it includes almost every single HD channel except the one in the platinum packages. Do you think i should try negotiating more?

I think the reason that it costs a lot is because i am currently just a SD suscriber, so yes i am a current customer. Yes, it is 125 for bothe receivers and it includes installation for both. Another reason i think it is a good deal is because it includes almost every single HD channel except the one in the platinum packages. Do you think i should try negotiating more?

Hey, today i tried to negotiate more with them, but they didnt make the offer any better. I kept saying that i might switch to directv, but they would just chagne the subject. I talked with about 4 reps, and they all got off topic when i said i might switch to directv.

Hey, today i tried to negotiate more with them, but they didnt make the offer any better. I kept saying that i might switch to directv, but they would just chagne the subject. I talked with about 4 reps, and they all got off topic when i said i might switch to directv.

Man, i think they dont even care about thier customers...
I tried negotiating again, but no luck. Think i should just take the deal already?

you realize you are basically having a conversation with yourself in this thread, right?!?!?

Take the deal. It is great. You won't find a better price anywhere. What are you waiting for? Get off the www and get on the phone right now.

There...did that help? An anonymous opinion from 2000 miles away. You should be convinced now.

Depends on how bad you want those receivers and that package. I recently called E* about upgrading to a 722 and some sort of hd programming. Currently I get my locals in hd ota. To me paying 125 bucks for a leased receiver and committing myself to a 2 year contract is not worth it. I like E* and have been with them for over 5 years. If they would give current subs an option for the two year contract or 125 for the leased receivers it would be ok but not both. Just my opinion....... Hope this helps

Last edited:
Try CEO

I dont know if anyone has mentioned this before but you might want to try emailing ceo@dishnetwork.com)tell them your an existing sub and want to upgrade but the offers youve been quoted are abit too high,Ask what kind of offers can be made to keep you as a Customer.Be polite in your email and they most likely will get back to you.CEOs job is too keep Customers so I would attempt this route and see what happens.

lol, i know im stupid for posting most of the replies myself:D, i just wanted other's opinions.

I ened up getting the DISHLATINO MAX HD for 59.99 after all the fees and stuff. The regular price would have been 74.99. I get both the recievers free and i get 15 dollars off for a year.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)