Should I wait?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

StevenD

Supporting Founder
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Nov 18, 2003
n
I would like to buy a 811 for $149. However, should I wait until after the Charlie Chat on Monday?

I did not wait I going to have mine installed sunday and as soon as the 921 is ready I will get it too. I know Charlie is not going to lower the price anymore on Monday so I went ahead and bought it now. You might want to wait and hear from some people who have had theirs installed first to see how they like them but for $149 what the heck just go for it.

You don't need a SuperDISH, last week they announced HD will be available with just a Dish 500 antenna. :)

BTW Hartford Locals are coming soon. :D

MikeHDTulsa said:
I did not wait I going to have mine installed sunday and as soon as the 921 is ready I will get it too. I know Charlie is not going to lower the price anymore on Monday so I went ahead and bought it now. You might want to wait and hear from some people who have had theirs installed first to see how they like them but for $149 what the heck just go for it.

Those are my thoughts Mike, I got one to!

I purchased mine solely because its the cheapest OTA HiDef receiver available...I'm not even getting the HD pack right away, until I feel its worth it...ofcourse, I never bothered to ask if my OTA stuff will work without the HD pack,...I'm guessing it should as long as I have a satellite cable hooked up...

That is a good question. Can you get HD OTA's to work on the 811, without having the HD pak activated?

belsokar said:
I purchased mine solely because its the cheapest OTA HiDef receiver available...I'm not even getting the HD pack right away, until I feel its worth it...ofcourse, I never bothered to ask if my OTA stuff will work without the HD pack,...I'm guessing it should as long as I have a satellite cable hooked up...

From my understanding you dont have to have the HD pack to receive the local OTA digital channels.

John Corn, looks like we're in this deal the same as the fight for the 6000, which mine has been sold on ebay for $400. Not bad considering I paid $149 for it, and got two OTA Digital modules because DISH screwed up my order.

:) I would waite due to the fact 50-60 bucks a month is way too high for TV! In another 2 years at the most all TVs will be HDTV and FCC will make everyone be able to broadcast HDTV so point being its going to be industry standard which means COX,DIRECT,DISH prices will half to go down some. Right now all them are real high !

It could also cause it to go up in price because of the extra costs of producing and broadcasting in HD as well as the additional bandwidth it takes up. In maybe three years, if nothing happens, all tv's will be HDTV but that does not mean all broadcasts will be in HD, it could be a lower enhancement and still be digital to save some bandwidth.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts