Should we go to Team Summit?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank you again I am happy to report we have hit just over $600 raised so far.

I am very thankful as this means you guys do read what I write as I only gave the link to donate once in this thread. :). Thank you folks!

I now have my flight booked. Looks like I go from Hartford to Chicago then to Phoenix.

Only thing left is to get my hotel booked.

Also going to try finding something which will get audio from a wireless mic into the iPhone XR. I plan on shooting everything with the iPhone as it makes everything a lot easier to carry around and the quality is very good too.

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys

Just reminding everybody that we're only halfway there.

Actually I wish that was the case.

Just booked everything... The hotel was the most expensive part at $199 a night. (which is a special dish rate.) when I went to team summits in the past the rooms were $79 - $99 a night... and I looked at all other hotels in the area and all are booked or a lot more. :( Blah.

Ok the flight was $433.50 round trip
Hotel $869.06
Registration $350.00

So we are up to $1,652.56.

I charged the hotel on a friends credit card and the registration and flight on my bank card. So everything is done now. Just have to finish paying for it. Lol! :)

Only minor stuff now which I am not going to worry about, Uber to the hotel should work, and I found a way to get my XLR Wireless Mic to work on my iPhone, but need to buy a special mount for my tripod for it.

I am really exited with what I know, and I am told I don't even know half of it. So I wanna hear more and I know you guys too... plus some new technology too. :D

I would donate if I could get excited, but I do not know what this means, I tried to google it.
Does MVDDS mean TV delivered over IP which is delivered over the Air waves kind of like ATSC 3.0 but different frenquencies
OR
does it mean just an other ISP Internet broadband connection so you dont need a the cable internet or Telco
You do say "Video" so does this mean some kind of TV Service delivered with out a DIsh or Hybrid solution DIsh and Over the air?
If Video, I will for sure donate just to hear the news.
I am so confused after googleing the definitions.

"new Multichannel Video and Data Distribution Service (MVDDS) "

Scott, there is more to it than that. ;) Wish I could say more.

I will say that Charlie is betting the farm on this, he never spends money unless he knows he is going to get it back.

I just kicked in another donation. It is much larger than the first one. I challenge our members to try to find a bit more.

Thank you Bobby. I just need to make the link available to all in an announcement. Just haven't had a chance today here at work to do it yet.

Reactions: charlesrshell
Given that Directv is about to come out with a new Directv Over Internet service with their own boxes that are in public beta testing one can only guess what Charlie is about to do.
We for sure need Sat Guys there to cover this.
Well worth donating to get the news covered.
TV is a changing, even if it is not Dish, Directv and the other cord cutter services will change it. This could be big news.

Looking forward to hearing what Charlie has to say about MVDDS. Whats interesting is Satellite Receivers LTD (Old 4dtv programmer) owns a few MVDDS licensees and joined charlies "MVDDS 5G Coalition"..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts