Shows disappearing from hopper hard drive

smokey982

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Sep 7, 2005
Cleveland, TN (Chattanooga Market)
I record a lot of shows including a ton of PTAT shows that I have set to automatically save on my partition of the hard drive. And for many of these shows I don't ever get around to watching them until weeks later. I was just browsing through my recordings and noticed I'm now missing many shows. For example The Mentalist, I had the last 3 episodes recorded and was going to watch one of them. And for some reason there's only one episode there now, which is the last episode aired. It looks like I'm also missing episodes of Blue Bloods, Awake, and Scandel. There may be some more but that's the only ones I've discovered so far. But I have 123 recordings so I'm sure I'm probably missing something. Has anyone else noticed this happening?

I believe you have to manually save all shows you want to keep past the 8-day window. I haven't seen a way to automatically save certain shows.

I believe you have to manually save all shows you want to keep past the 8-day window. I haven't seen a way to automatically save certain shows.

Set a timer. If it's a PTAT show, it will use the PTAT tuned show to save (while showing skipped on the "daily Scedule", if you unskip it will use a tuner). A new feature with 211 software, you can set "save series" from the PTAT icon.

I could be wrong, but I'm pretty sure all "save series" does is set a timer for the program, not what it implies it does. Are you saying if you do this AND skip the PTAT tuner it will save to your partition?

wetz73 said:
I could be wrong, but I'm pretty sure all "save series" does is set a timer for the program, not what it implies it does. Are you saying if you do this AND skip the PTAT tuner it will save to your partition?

You don't have to skip the PTAT tuner. Just set a series timer for the PTAT shows. They will record on the PTAT tuner but you can select it from your partition or the PTAT partition. When it is removed from PTAT after 8 days it should still be in the DVR list. I have lots of PTAT shows that I am doing this with and I haven't lost any of them.

I didn't realize it did that. Cool feature, but sounds like it's glitchy, much like a lot of the features. I love Auto-Hop, but for some reason, every show recorded off of Fox doesn't do it. ABC, CBS, and NBC have no problems, but Fox never shows up with the red kangaroo. I thought maybe it was an issue locally, but CBS and Fox come out of the same facility.

Timers set for PTAT programs default to skip in the "Daily Schedule", but the PTAT recording does save to your "My Recordings" partition. Unskipping is ONLY for special circumstances - for example, if you want to set an end late time beyond the PTAT default - in that case it will use a tuner for the recording.

I was just pointing out that, if you look in the "daily schedule", the timer will show skipped, but it IS saving the PTAT recording. You can unskip if you want to edit to pad the end time beyond what PTAT records, in which case a tuner will be used.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)