Shows disappearing from my recordings

This is for sure an issue. Only happens on my Hooper with PTAT and recording timers. That Hopper deleted Revenge season finale, even from PTAT while my other Hopper still had it in PTAT. Software S212 on both. I also reported to Zach.

I'm missing 3 episodes of Scandal, 1 episode of GCB, and a few episodes of SVU. There could be more, but I have not looked that deep into it. I wonder if the Hopper is not picking up the flag that tells it it is a new episode.

Finally went to watch the Desperate Housewives two hour finale from three weeks ago and noticed it had vanished. I know it was still there just a few days ago. Is it only a problem with PTAT recordings that are also set as series timers?

Had the same exact thing happen. Was bummed.

With summer being here I don't have as much time to watch tv as I usually do. So I've still got numerous episodes of shows that I just haven't had time to watch. After scrolling through my guide I noticed I've lost the last 4 episodes of the show Scandal. I noticed that the oldest missing episode of Scandal that's no longer in my guide is dated 4/26. Does anyone know if that week or maybe the week previous to that has any significance to anything? Like maybe a software update or anything? This is absolutely driving me nuts.

Lost the season finale of Veep sometime on Monday. It was there Sunday night and it was gone on Monday night. I downloaded it from OnDemand, but this is very disturbing.

Even with S217 recordings are still disappearing. It makes me wonder if the Hopper engineers have have spouses and hoppers at home, because when it happens I sure hear about it from my spouse.

With the new tv season upon us I'm starting to worry if this issue will continue. For me at least, it was only a problem for PTAT shows. I'm thinking about keeping a log of all the shows I record just to monitor what I'm possibly losing. At least for a few weeks. I'm a tv nut and I plan on recording all the new shows just to see which ones I'll keep watching and which ones I'll never watch again. Of course the log won't help me very much I guess. Because if I lose something there's really nothing I can do about it. Except vent on here of course. :)

Well it struck again. I had the CMA music fest recorded since mid September. I've actually watched a few minutes of it here and there when I've had some free time. But I had about an hour or so left that I hadn't finished watching yet. Well, I go to watch this afternoon and guess what. IT'S NOT THERE ANY MORE!!!! Ahhhhhhh this is getting so frustrating. As I stated before I'm keeping a log this fall of the shows I record so I know for sure what Mysteriously disappears. Of course it won't do any good. But at least i'll have proof and won't just think my memory's going. :)

Anybody else notice any problems yet?

Sent from my iPad using SatelliteGuys

SNL wasn't on my Hopper the following day this weekend, even though the event log said it recorded the whole thing...

1st episode of the new season of Blue Bloods & Scandal got deleted even though I have a timer setup and had it protected. Yet other older PTAT recordings are still there. I'm surprised more people aren't complaining, unless people are watching the shows within a week.

legends92 said:
1st episode of the new season of Blue Bloods & Scandal got deleted even though I have a timer setup and had it protected. Yet other older PTAT recordings are still there. I'm surprised more people aren't complaining, unless people are watching the shows within a week.

Blue Bloods and Scandal are a couple of the shows I had this problem with last tv season (among a couple others). I reported this to Mary of the DIRT team via private message the other day and she's turning my complaint in to the engineering department. It would be great if you and anyone else that's had this problem would report it as well. That's the only way Dish will ever give this problem any attention.

Sent from my iPad using SatelliteGuys

Just checked and I lost blue bloods season 3 premiere...happened last year too with blue bloods lost some episodes...not sure why but very annoying

I lost the first episodes of Vegas, Blue Bloods, and Castle that I know of so far. And it is the same thing, save them, they are there until they delete from PTAT then they are gone from my recordings.

No but it's driving me nuts. Did you report to one of the DIRT members? The engineers need to be bombarded with complaints about this.

I reported the same issue to DIRT on 9/21. If I choose to save a single episode from PTAT, it will disappear on its own nine days after it was recorded. If I have a timer for the show the episodes don't disappear.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts