Shows/Movies you would like to see voOm get.

Patton
Tora, Tora, Tora
Gremlins
Old Disney Movies
Looney Toons on Animainia
Space Camp
Goonies
Spaceballs
The Program
Hudson Hawk
Porky's Trilogy
Color Purple
Lethal Weapon
Bullitt
Any John Hughes movies
Clerks
Beetlejuice
E.T.
Jaws
Zombie movies
Predator
How about some of the old stand up on HaHa? Steve Martin, Bill Cosby, Richard Pryor, George Carlin?
Blazing Saddles
Summer School
Ski School
That's a good start!

Excellent Choices.

I can just imagine the value some of these choices would bring to the Voom originals lineup. Keep them coming…

How about the original Sean Connery 007 series to the GuyTV channel?

ohh yeah 007 series would be nice for guyTV. IMO GuyTV is the one channel that can be great (it can be by far the best channel out there for me) with some of the additions here.

One other addition....

Hunt for Red October (although i beleive one of the movie netowrks has been showing this lately)
and maybe a few of the other sub movies.

Maybe Voom could follow HDNET's lead and pickup some of the HD TV shows that had short runs. They air stuff like Hack, The District, and others that had 1 or 2 year runs and were cancelled. How about a "HD TV" channel of older, cancelled HD shows or shows that were originally HD but are now in syndication? I'd like to see shows like 24, CSI or Firefly from the beginning in HD. HDNET is doing this with Smallville.

How about some WAR movies?

DarrellP said:
Maybe Voom could follow HDNET's lead and pickup some of the HD TV shows that had short runs. They air stuff like Hack, The District, and others that had 1 or 2 year runs and were cancelled. How about a "HD TV" channel of older, cancelled HD shows or shows that were originally HD but are now in syndication? I'd like to see shows like 24, CSI or Firefly from the beginning in HD. HDNET is doing this with Smallville.
Great Idea… Don’t know if it was aired in HD originally, but I would like to add, “Space Above and Beyond” to that syndication channel… Also, how about some war movies to… (do we have a military type channel?)
violent-smiley-017.gif
violent-smiley-007.gif

· Schindler's List
· The Pianist
· Apocalypse Now
· Das Boot
· Saving Private Ryan
· Full Metal Jacket
· Platoon
· Braveheart
· The Patriot

Voom4Me said:
(do we have a military type channel?)

619 is the Military Channel but it doesn't seem to air many (if any) feature films of the ilk you have mentioned. It is also not HD - yet.

I left a message a few days ago about movies I'd like to see--one of which was the Black Stallion Movies and voila! There is one already scheduled for tonight! Wow--how fast can they convert movies to HD? THAT is SErVICe! (I realize it may have already been on their previous archives, but.....)

THANKS to VOOM!

On HaHa, I would like a day of old comedy classics in HD -- Laurel & Hardy, Charlie Chaplin, Harold Lloyd. I would especially like this after the DVR comes out, so I can record these in HD!

jagouar said:
speaking of aliens I was watching monsters looking for the playboy gouls gone wild thing and noticed a new trailer for monsters (the comic book looking one) and one of the clips looked like it was from aliens.... unless there was some other knockoff flick but it sure looked like the aliens monster to me. And all the other clips were from other movies they have shown.

The documentary The Alien Saga has aired several times on Monsters, so I'm pretty sure that's what it was from. It's just a documentary that covers the making of all four Alien films.

I'd love to see the actual Alien movies on MonstersHD though.

Star Wars Triolgy?? (although the dvds are pretty darn good already but in 1080? that would be nice! Also LOTR triology. have they had those on the movie channels in hd?

smeagal said:
Star Wars Triolgy?? (although the dvds are pretty darn good already but in 1080? that would be nice! Also LOTR triology. have they had those on the movie channels in hd?
Don't know about Star Wars, but LOTR's have been on the premium stations in HD. I would think that it's very unlikely that they'll show up on the HDCinema channels any time soon. Just a little too, well , premium. :D

Though the season is over, I would love to see World Cup Skiing on Rush or WorldSport.

ripit said:
Though the season is over, I would love to see World Cup Skiing on Rush or WorldSport.
Yeah, that'd be cool. I'd like to see them cover all those odd sports I only get to see during Olympics. Stuff like luge, skeleton, speedskating (especially short track), ski jumping, freestyle skiing, short track bicycle racing, water polo, volleyball, swimming, track & field -- all that stuff I find fascinating during the Olympics, but hardly ever see it in non-Olympic years.

bookwalk said:
MOVIES I'd LIke to see in HD (new VOOMER, so excuse if I request some that have already appeared):

SOMEWHERE IN TIME

GONE WITH THE WIND

SOUND OF MUSIC

SONG OF NORWAY

GRAPES OF WRATH

ET

CLOSE ENCOUNTERS OF THIRD KIND

3-D MOVIES SUCH AS 13 GHOSTS, ETC

ENDURANCE (SHACKLETON'S ADVENTURE)

IMAX MOVIES

DIARY OF ANNE FRANK

THE PRISONER EPISODES

DR ZHIVAGO

STAR WARS MOVIES

ARACHNIPHOBIA

HAWAII

MEET ME IN ST LOUIS

FIDDLER ON THE ROOF

MY FAIR LADY

SOUTH PACIFIC

MEDICINE MAN

KOYANISQUATSI

METROPOLIS

SUPERMAN MOVIES

BLACK STALLION MOVIES

THE SECRET GARDEN

THE LITTLE PRINCESS

THE BEAR

ADVENTURES OF MILO AND OTIS

DANCES WITH WOLVES

AROUND THE WORLD IN 80 DAYS

THE LAST HUNT

ALWAYS

2001, A Space Odyssey

BIRTH OF A NATION

CHARIOTS OF FIRE

GOOD, BAD & UGLY

INDIANA JONES MOVIES

MA & PA KETTLE MOVIES

NICHOLAS AND ALEXANDRA

NEVER ENDING STORY

WIZARD OF OZ

WASHINGTON SQUARE

HOW TO MAKE AN AMERICAN QUILT

LITTLE WOMEN

BROTHER WHERE ART THOU?

ELVIS PRESLEY MOVIES

PHANTOM OF THE OPERA

LES MISERABLES

AT PLAY IN THE FIELDS OF THE LORD

HURRICANE

GREASE

Just wanted to add:

LAWRENCE OF ARABIA

CLEOPATRA

BABE (Pig movie)

OLD YELLER

HOW THE WEST WAS WON

TRIP TO BOUNTIFUL

ON GOLDEN POND

RAMBO MOVIES

INDIANA JONES MOVIES

GORILLAS IN THE MIST

GOOD, THE BAD & THE UGLY

THE BEGUILED

THE PATRIOT

WINTERHAWK

BORN FREE

NORTH BY NORTHWEST

DR STRANGELOVE

THE FLY

FEARLESS VAMPIRE KILLERS

FRIENDLY PERSUASION

GREAT WALTZ

LUDWIG

DAYS OF HEAVEN

STAR WARS

THE KING AND I

LOST HORIZON

MAN FOR ALL SEASONS

PATCH OF BLUE

THE PARTY

ROMEO & JULIET

GREYSTOKE: LEGEND OF TARZAN

ANNA KARENINA

WAIT UNTIL DARK

WEST SIDE STORY

TITANIC

SCHINDLER'S LIST

BRAVEHEART

MAN CALLED HORSE

RYAN'S DAUGHTER

THE MUSIC MAN

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts