Status
Please reply by conversation.

Aguilobo2001

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Aug 13, 2005
19.32N 99.13W
From another board:

NPS has received a Notice of Termination from Showtime Networks, Inc. stating they will be discontinuing their C-Band Showtime, The Movie Channel, Flix programming at 11:59 p.m. on June 30, 2010. The notice went on to say that at that time, they are ceasing to provide "tier bit access" via DBS Services,Inc. computerized authorization center (ACC) to all C-Band distributors of the SNI Services. I do not know how that will affect the W5 Hits feeds of some of those channels.

http://twitter.com/callnps

If this is coming from NPS, I don't believe it.
If we hear something from Skyvision, SRL, or Mike Kohl himself, then it's probably true.

Wow free preview last week and now gone from CBAND.

I could possibly foresee Showtime dropping consumer access to their distribution feeds to save a buck or possibly be wanting to use those transponders for more HD. They did drop distro access of the MTV suite on C3 a few years back, remember. That don't mean that they still won't be offered from the HITS mux which is C band too.

As far as the info coming from NPS we have to take it with suspect. It could be when NPS's contract is running out with Showtime and there not renewing it. I don't think NPS is renewing any of it's contracts anymore and we will see the channel dropping to continue with them throughout the year.

I wouldn't put much stock in anything NPS says, to bad they have a voice on twitter, I bet a lot of people see it there, but I wouldn't be surprised to see all of the movie channels go the way of the dodo, you know Netflix, and Red Box has got to be hurting them, I don't sub to any movie channels except FOX, and IFC, just because they where cheep, and in the pick 10 pack, but we do buy a few DVDs, and rent from Red Box, we get to pick what we watch, don't pay an arm and a leg for it, get a veriety, not just 5 or 6 movies played over and over.
Terry

It is true about Showtime (Yes NPS IS telling the truth on this one) I received confirmation from Showtime Networks today that HTVRO access will end 30 June 2010.

Good thing it's Showtime and not Scripps. Now that would suck! Showtime is worthless.

If I would have to guess they want to end using those transponders for SD and use them for HD. You watch the SD distro feeds will disappear after June 30th. No loss really Showtimes movies were pretty bad for many years.

Showtime sucks in my opinion.

Hope that discovery hd theater stays. I enjoy showing people the better quality compared to dish network.

it wouldn't matter to me if they dropped all the movies after one time watch you seem them all now a days. maybe make more room for the channels that we really want

I haven't watched Showtime since their old G5-24 analog feed went away. Years ago I had a sub to watch the Stargate SG-1 and New Outer Limits series on Friday nights. I used to enjoy Bizarre also back in the 80s? Even a decade ago without a dozen digital SHO channels, they still repeated programs too much.

Does this mean they are changing encryption formats from Digichipher II to PowerVu? Even though the Showtime networks might not be appealing to everyone, myself and many other people subscribe to their channels so we should still protest this change as it decreases the programming choices available on C-Band. If the programmers find PowerVu more appealing than Digichipher then perhaps we should put pressure on PowerVu to provide consumer receivers for access to TVRO.

As this is one of the largest satellite communities in North America, I propose we organize an online petition for Showtime to reconsider their decision to leave the C-Band market. It's better to make the effort now while there's still a lot of good programming available then waiting until it's too late. :yikes

Does this mean they are changing encryption formats from Digichipher II to PowerVu? Even though the Showtime networks might not be appealing to everyone, myself and many other people subscribe to their channels so we should still protest this change as it decreases the programming choices available on C-Band. If the programmers find PowerVu more appealing than Digichipher then perhaps we should put pressure on PowerVu to provide consumer receivers for access to TVRO.

As this is one of the largest satellite communities in North America, I propose we organize an online petition for Showtime to reconsider their decision to leave the C-Band market. It's better to make the effort now while there's still a lot of good programming available then waiting until it's too late. :yikes

I would sign - to stop them leaving C-Band or to make a TVRO consumer PowerVU box.

On a footnote, I read that they will still be on W5 HITS

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts