ShowTime on Demand

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Wide_opeN

Original poster
Dec 2, 2013
Grayson, GA
New dish customer, as of 10-06-13.

Was excited to take advantage of the first 3 months of premium shows, namely ShowTime on Demand. So, that I could introduce myself, and get caught up on the HIT SERIES HOMELAND.

Well, I'm sure as all of you know, this channel (Yes I know, the Live ShowTime is available) isn't available on dish, along with others (not to be mentioned, at this time).

A quick Google search shows that this has been going on for some time, namely YEARS!!! Sooo, I was wanting to know is there ANY HOPE, that this will be rectified in the near future, or AT ALL.

Overall, I'm impressed with several of dish features, ex. built in sling, PTAT, thumbnail guides, etc... But, a few of the things I don't like are somewhat of dealbreakers.

Any help, info, guidance is HIGHLY appreciated, as I have nearly two years left on my contract and would feel a LOT better knowing that a solution is on the horizon.

Thanks in advance!!!

Keep in mind Showtime is owned by CBS...I'll leave it at that.

Sigh... Ok, so I don't know all the details, but seemingly, dish has pissed off all the Network Channels (Fox, NBC, ABC, CBS), thus we as their customers are seemingly paying the price!?

I'm too new, to know all of this, but is that about right!?

As you already mentioned, Dish is not the only provider without ShoGo. Glad you weren't with TWC this summer when they went nearly 3 months without CBS.

No, I was saying in my market, dish IS the only provider without ShoGo. Xfinity, U-Verse and DirecTV all have this.

I'm not trying to come on the forums as a new member and bash dish; I am however, trying to get caught up on the recent history of dish, to better understand the today.

Meaning, will the channels that other providers have EVER come to dish, like ShoGo, or TV1, etc...!? Or are these channels, and sort of things a pipe dream!?

Knowing this, would help me set my expectations accordingly...

If you are expecting any or all providers, to provide all possibly available channels, then yes, your expectations are too high. They all have their "haves and don't haves".

Yeah, but TV1 and ShoGO are pretty standard channels... no!?

I mean these aren't some regional sports channels we're talking about. Concerning, Showtime, it'd make sense if they didn't have ShowTime at all, but to have it, and not offer the On Demand component to it seems ridiculous!!!

No disrespect, but from your responses, you seem to be resigned to the fact that dish will NOT get these channels, networks, shows anytime soon!?

This is the only downside I can see to Dish... just had it installed, switching from Charter and love it.... but I can not full faith recommend it to my clients... I am an independent IT Consultant and know my residential clients are looking to move, but to some this is just a deal breaker. I could easily get quite a few more to sign up and make the switch from Charter if we had Showtime On Demand or Showtime Anytime.

Showtime according to Yahoo is closer in subscribers to HBO than ever before, about 6 million subscribers behind. So people are subscribing and I'm sure a larger and larger percentage do use Roku or their computer for viewing their shows especially ones they missed in the past. You have to wonder what they want for the use of their anytime site. Dish not only has had HBOGO for quite sometime, but allows it's use on the Roku, while Direct just recently got it, but does not allow use on a Roku.
Point is as KAB said, each carrier provides somewhat different programming with it being rare one has everything.
I happen not to like most things on Showtime except boxing, so don't get it, but I have had HBO from my first day with DISH a long time ago, and find HBOGO a tremendous entertainment addition, watching one of the greatest series ever, DEADWOOD again. So I do hope DISH adds Showtime Anytime for those who want it.

As you already mentioned, Dish is not the only provider without ShoGo. Glad you weren't with TWC this summer when they went nearly 3 months without CBS.

TWC finally got Showtime Anytime last month.

The problem right now for Showtime Anytime is that it does not support the RoKu or other TV connected device. It has an iPhone/iPad app (and android I believe) but no airplay. I have not had a chance to try it on a laptop with Chromecast yet, but I suppose that will work.