Shrek 4 / Marmaduke

riffjim4069

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Apr 7, 2004
SatelliteGuystonfieldville, U.S.A.
OK, the family (me, wife and daughter) saw the aforementioned double-feature at a drive-in theater during our stay last week in Vermont. It was actually kind of neat since this was our first drive-in experience for the two of us in probably 30+ years. Anyway, my 8-year old loved both movies (go figure), but here is our opinion:

Shrek Forever After - better than expected (better than Shrek 2 and 3) but certainly not nearly as good as the original - 6.5 out of 10.

Marmaduke - ugh!!! This would have been only mindly cute if the talking dog/pet thing hasn't already been done a million and one times (e.g., Cats & Dogs, Underdog, Beverly Hills Chihuahua, etc.). Save your money - 2 out of 10.

I was disapointed with Shrek 4, for the final movie in the Shrek series I expected more, and it was one of the first movies where at the end Donky didn't grab a mic and start singing... that would have been a great way for them to show all the characters one more time for their curtain call.

I was disapointed with Shrek 4, for the final movie in the Shrek series I expected more, and it was one of the first movies where at the end Donky didn't grab a mic and start singing... that would have been a great way for them to show all the characters one more time for their curtain call.
Part of the reason we were pleasantly surprised was we went to the show having very low expectations after being disappointed with 2 and 3. It certainly wasn't great, but then again we were expecting it to be a bad as Marmaduke. As far as this being the "final chapter" in the Shrek series...I hope so, but I am not convinced. Just as long as there is a dollar to be squeezed-out of the franchise then you'll probably see a Shrek 5, Son of Shrek or some other nonsense in a few years.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)