Paramount, Redbox keep DVDs and Blu-ray discs in kiosks

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

sundrop

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
May 27, 2010
Missouri

the same day they go on sale

looks like not all of the remaining Hollywood studios are putting the 30-day brakes on providing movies to Redbox, as Paramount has concluded after a ten month study that it has "minimal" effect on DVD sales. Dennis Maguire, President of Paramount Home Entertainment says the the company is "allowing the consumer a choice of how to consume our movies while maximizing the profitability of our releases in the home entertainment window" while Redbox prez Mitch Lowe looked forward to joint marketing programs. That puts another studio on deck to provide the Blu-ray rentals we're expecting to see later this year and is a pretty sharp contrast to recent deals with Fox and Warner delaying low cost rentals to protect their day one sales and premium rentals on video on-demand.

Source:
Paramount, Redbox keep DVDs and Blu-ray discs in kiosks the same day they go on sale -- Engadget HD

I agree with minimal affect. They are stupid if they think making me wait 30 days for a movie I did not want to buy in the first place, is going to cause $25 to fall out of my pocket.

Paramount, Redbox keep DVDs and Blu-ray discs in kiosks
Paramount always looked like the most pragmatic studio to me - from the $100M (temporary) switch to HD DVD during the war days... For the rest of the gang it is a crusade.

Paramount probably figured out they will lose more on torrents than win on implementing the 30-day delay...

I just can't understand why they licensed BD+...

Diogen.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts