Shuttering and Pixelation

sierra_bret

Original poster
Oct 10, 2007
Sonora, Ca
As a Dish Retailer for over 20 years I've seen all kinds of issues. Over the past forty five days or so my office systems (Hopper /w Sling and Hopper 3) and a few dozen customers are seeing shuttering and random pixelation on the 129 satellite. Naturally all issues are blamed on installation and hardware and this was disproved by replacement of all hardware (Receivers, Hubs, LNBs and coax) These problems spand customers recently installed to customer who have had the service for many many years but the common tread is the Hopper systems.
Yes I have check to make sure all the systems have current software and they do.
Anyone else experiencing similar issues?

Thank you!

Western Arc
Sacramento DMA
Satellite 129

I have this issue periodically. Sometimes it "fixes" itself, but many times it doesn't. I'm not sure what Satellite I'm pulling from, but the problem is almost exclusively on my locals. Resetting verything fixes it for a while, but then it appears again a few weeks later. I'm in Orlando, FL and Have a Hopper with Sling and two Joey 3's

Reactions: sierra_bret
I am on Eastern Arc and have been having issues for over a year on all channels. It is very random and sometimes goes months without happening. Just started happening 2 weeks ago a lot more often. If I unplug the ota adapter issue goes away so I tried a new one with same results. Last weekend got fed up with the pixelation and unplugged my wireless joey access point from the power outlet and issue went away and hasn't returned yet so fingers crossed.

I am on Eastern Arc and have been having issues for over a year on all channels. It is very random and sometimes goes months without happening. Just started happening 2 weeks ago a lot more often. If I unplug the ota adapter issue goes away so I tried a new one with same results. Last weekend got fed up with the pixelation and unplugged my wireless joey access point from the power outlet and issue went away and hasn't returned yet so fingers crossed.

So you are thinking that perhaps the OTA connection is causing your problem? The weird thing it seems as though it's just my two Joeys that have the problem, the Hopper seems fine

So you are thinking that perhaps the OTA connection is causing your problem? The weird thing it seems as though it's just my two Joeys that have the problem, the Hopper seems fine
I don't know what is really causing it. It is also only my joeys that have the problem, on Satellite and ota channels, so I don't know what part the ota adapter plays in the issue but when I unplug it the pixelation goes away. It is the newest ota adapter and doesn't feel hot or anything when I unplug it.

Thank you for your input, this seems to be mainly on the 129 satellite. I have personal noticed it on the channels in the 200's and customers have complained about this on channels such as Nat Geo and Comedy Central. I wonder if this is a transponder issue on the 129 sat.

Thank you for your input, this seems to be mainly on the 129 satellite. I have personal noticed it on the channels in the 200's and customers have complained about this on channels such as Nat Geo and Comedy Central. I wonder if this is a transponder issue on the 129 sat.
I am having this issue too and also mainly 129. Also having same issue for OTA channels, but only on one of my Hopper 3s. Other Hopper 3 OTA locals seem OK.

I notice it once in a great while on DVR recordings on the Hopper 3, but the intensity is slight and the duration is only a couple seconds.
Exactly, unfortunately it has been occurring far to frequently and my customers are asking me for answers. Dish Corporate has basically ignored my requests for information so I figured I ask everyone here if it occurring elsewhere and to other people.

Exactly, unfortunately it has been occurring far to frequently and my customers are asking me for answers. Dish Corporate has basically ignored my requests for information so I figured I ask everyone here if it occurring elsewhere and to other people.

I haven't seen an increase in frequency in the 16 months I've been back with Dish, but if I saw it the way it's been described in this thread I'd also be annoyed.

A related issue. When watching a recording, both ota and sat, and skip ahead through commercials, it sometimes takes 15 to 30 seconds for sound to start working again. Video is fine, just no sound. When sound does come back, at first it is sketchy. This happens pretty regularly on a variety of channels.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts