Shuttle Launch June 8 on HD-NET !

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Spectacular launch! As always!

I watched mostly on NASA TV, but did switch to HDNet from time to time to enjoy the HD views. I respect Dobbs and I don't agree that he's clueless; however, I totally agree with others that he is targeting the wrong audience, and just talks too much! I wish they just left the NASA's audio feed alone and simply showed HD shots. Hope NASA TV goes HD some day!

There also seems to be a disconnect between what Dobbs expects and what HDNet engineers are doing. Yesterday, for example, Dobbs kept talking about upcoming "GO - No GO" poll, while HDNet engineers totally missed it. It was shown in all details on NASA TV though. And I just can't forget how HDNet totally missed the entire landing sequence (some time ago). They blamed it on non-operational cameras or something, but why not switch to NASA's video feed at least???

Anyway, I do appreciate what HDNet is trying to do. Thanks for the HD feeds and the 2-hour special! I just wish they realized who their audience is and adjusted their commentary accordingly.

Moving thread to HD Programming Discussion forum...

HD-Net also did not report that the launch was a "no-go" about 40 minutes beforehand, because the weather in all the European emergency landing sites was worse than what is allowable. (Then the weather cleared in France, allowing the launch to proceed.)

HDNet has great PQ on the launches, hands down, no contest, and I appreciate their efforts. However, they just need to work on enhancing/improving their commentating/commentators, either that, or just use the NASA audio feed and leave it at that. I could live with that.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)