sick and tired

dnsguy

SatelliteGuys Family
Jun 7, 2006
washington state
I'm done with Dish. I lose signal on the 129 once every 20 minutes. Every time I call they send a tech out to fix it and every tech says that there is nothing they can do! They say it's the sat. The CSR says it's the dish. Who's lying to me?

A seperate dish for 129 , either a 24 or a 30 inch would help you. You could insist that Dish install one for you. You could write to the ceo@echostar.com with your problem and he would help make sure that you get your dish installed . Especially if you tell them you are thinking of changing providers. I have gotten help from them on several things that the csrs screwed up. They will help you too. Don't leave in anger till you have tried this last avenue. They might even give you a credit for bad signal quality if you talk to them of your problems. JUst don't be rude or use profanity in your email. Be polite and courteous and to the point .

Well then switch to 61.5 sat for your hd if you already have a 24" dish for 129. That is if you can see it from your location. You get the same hd channels, excep the rsn in hd if available, with 61.5 and the sat is stable and doesn't change strengths on the different transponders like the 129 sat does.

Last edited:
Dish 129 partial fix

Dnsguy: Call dish again and demand a 24 inch dish for the 129 only. I live in Astoria, Oregon had the same problem that you are facing. Took about 2 weeks but dish finally came and installed a Dish 24 inch unit with logo and boosted the signal on the 129 to all most 90 on some transponders. I have an occasional signal loss but not very often. I live in probably the worst area in the lower 48 for weather. They sent a repairman from the Portland area and he had it up and running in 15 minutes. I have a brand new 24 inch unit in my shed. Uncertain what I will do with it.

NW Oregon where it never rains.

Dnsguy: Call dish again and demand a 24 inch dish for the 129 only. I live in Astoria, Oregon had the same problem that you are facing. Took about 2 weeks but dish finally came and installed a Dish 24 inch unit with logo and boosted the signal on the 129 to all most 90 on some transponders. I have an occasional signal loss but not very often. I live in probably the worst area in the lower 48 for weather. They sent a repairman from the Portland area and he had it up and running in 15 minutes. I have a brand new 24 inch unit in my shed. Uncertain what I will do with it.

NW Oregon where it never rains.

They will give you a dedicated 24" dish. You will most likely still have problems. I recorded an HD showtime program, This American Life, a half hour program. video problems every 5 or 6 minutes. I think this is on 119 in HD. I recorded it again two days later and had the same problems in the exact same frames. Tried it in SD and it recorded well.

I think Dish network is engaged in a grand transmission experiment at our expense. It does not yet work properly. For $130 a month it should.

Look at his location, he's in the Pacific Northwest. He needs a bigger dish for the area he lives in.

"The problem is not the satellite."

Yes, it is the satellite. Everyone knows 129 is a Piece of JUNK.

61.5 may not work for him. For California the elevation is 14, I don't know about the Pacific Northwest but I'm pretty sure it's even lower.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts