Sick of phone calls can anyone help me?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

nanaberry

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Feb 1, 2005
Galion, Ohio
I have lost track of how many calls I've made to find out if I can get the Voom channels without an arm and a leg. I live in Ohio zip code 44833. I don't know if there are any ota channels that would qualify me for a dish at 61.5 or not. One CS even told me to call 1-800-WOW-HDTV and tell them I had only had dish for 11 days and the reason for my getting dish was because Voom was shutting down....no good , one CS told me no way and one said $300 up front! Believe me I have heard everything...Does anyone have any ideas to help me? Thanks missin Voom

The reason for the cost is the addt'l dish installation and the high cost of the needed DPP 44 switch which retails for about $150 to $200, so actually it is still a reasonable cost to hook you up. If you are an SBC customer you don't qualify. You don't qualify for a "wing dish" at 61.5 because your locals come in on the SD. So once again let's see i.e. $200 for the DPP 444 switch, around $100 for a truck roll, $75 ( that is what we charge) for an addt'l dish and LNB. Every body seems to want something for nothing

Its not that I want something for nothing! We just don't have the extra money right now and I miss my Voom. My husbands hours was cut down 10 hours a week so we are on a tight budget. you should watch your words...... not everyone has $300 to spend!

yes but you have to understand this equipment costs money to install for you, and in your post you come off as wanting to have it for a reduced or no cost. $300 is reasonable in your case with the Super Dish it is actually costing Dish money even at charging this rate. You called several times( a guess) and everyone kept telling you it will cost this, why than keep calling. Give it some time and all this will come down in price

Another option is over on Ebay. DP44's can be had for $79.00 as a 'Buy it now' item. Dishpro dishes can be had for about $39.00. Better than $300 to E* and install it yourself.

Another way for only 1 receiver is a DP21 ($3 on Ebay) and the same dish will give you 61.5 to one of your receivers.

Dish Dude
If you will read the forums several people have stated that they made several calls and when they get the right CSR they had most of the cost waved. Believe me if I had the money I'd have Voom right now. If I had waited 11 days I could have had the Voom deal Dish is offering. My husband & myself was trying to decide where to go when Voom went black & Dish called us. We was Voomers till the very end. So if it ruffles your feathers that some people try to save a buck Oh well. I just can't understand why its different for some than others. I've read the forums everyday for the past 2 months and it seems that no on is treated equal.Maybe you should walk a mile in my shoes before you judge me!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)