Sick of the Disputes

I disagree..dish has about 3 disputes right now..granted all local channels...only national provider close would be att

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
I am not counting older disputes such as HBO or Fox Sports...those are so old they are no longer disputes

Latest reply from Scripp's

We know this is frustrating, and we apologize for the disruption of service. Believe me, we are not happy about this – it’s hard to serve our viewers when they can’t find us.

We are ready and able to make an agreement with Dish when they return to more standard contract terms. In the meantime, we have more information available on how to access our programming on scrippsviewerinfo.com

I am not counting older disputes such as HBO or Fox Sports...those are so old they are no longer disputes

From a July 2019 article:

Broadcast TV stations are being blacked out on cable and satellite TV systems in record numbers this year, with 230 blackouts so far in 2019.

Blackouts has mostly been trending up in the past decade, though the number frequently goes down one year before rising again the next. There were 90 blackouts in 2012, 119 in 2013, 94 in 2014, 193 in 2015, 104 in 2016, 213 in 2017, and 165 in 2018.

A normal cable system only deals with a handful of local channels...dish deals with hundreds if not thousands of local channels

Reactions: TheKrell
If Dish were to ever take away Pay-as-you-go and force us into 2 year contracts at a time, that's when they would lose me. Fortunately I have HBOMax as a part of my AT&T internet, and since my team moved to the SEC I don't watch the FOX Sports channels anyway. But I totally understand the college and Pro sports buffs who would be upset about loosing those channels.

Prove it.

Not even remotely true. Quite some time back, someone posted here a list of disputes and Dish wasn’t even the worst.
By what standard, though? Are we talking total number of disputes over a specific span of time? Total length of the disputes? Number of simultaneous disputes? It would be one thing if there were only one dispute at a time. Resolve one dispute, move on to the next one. That would be like the opposite of a free preview. (Which channels are going to be missing from our Dish package each month?) However, as Dish continues to rack up ongoing, long-standing disputes, they will almost certainly hold onto the lead in the number of simultaneous disputes category.

Reactions: tspangle
By what standard, though? Are we talking total number of disputes over a specific span of time? Total length of the disputes? Number of simultaneous disputes? It would be one thing if there were only one dispute at a time. Resolve one dispute, move on to the next one. That would be like the opposite of a free preview. (Which channels are going to be missing from our Dish package each month?) However, as Dish continues to rack up ongoing, long-standing disputes, they will almost certainly hold onto the lead in the number of simultaneous disputes category.
dish deals with more local stations than anybody else..national channel disputes are not as often but still not uncommon..maybe one or 2 a year..no other cable or satellite company comes close

The grass is always greener - over the septic tank.
Maybe Dish should use this:
660fa37b-a400-4bbd-b9a5-c9a5aadbca56_2.d4b2a86a51ae52aa611e8a2ab6d33bc4.jpeg
:)

• Haha
Reactions: pattykay
When I lost HBO and Cinemax, I saved $25 per month. I added Acorn and Britbox to my Prime TV channels for 1/2 the price and now see Canadian, Australian, and UK shows. Really enjoy all the mysteries and comedy shows. Will have plenty to watch for years.

Reactions: Jon J and TheKrell
You know, just about everyone here knows there are ways to get every channel you want for next to nothing, Whether it's taking the time to learn or just an overwhelming sense of morality, you choose to stay with a Paid TV service, bundle of streaming apps or journey to the dark side.

It's been said over and over, if Dish gives in to the higher contract demands, they're not going to be the ones paying for it, we are. I wonder how many people - I know some do - but how many don't ever contact the companies that are asking for a big jump in fees instead of griping about it on a message board?

You know, just about everyone here knows there are ways to get every channel you want for next to nothing, Whether it's taking the time to learn or just an overwhelming sense of morality, you choose to stay with a Paid TV service, bundle of streaming apps or journey to the dark side.

It's been said over and over, if Dish gives in to the higher contract demands, they're not going to be the ones paying for it, we are. I wonder how many people - I know some do - but how many don't ever contact the companies that are asking for a big jump in fees instead of griping about it on a message board?
What, you mean the people in charge of those companies never read these message boards? :imshocked :imshocked

The only thing they understand is $$$$ ...unfortunately we only deal with them thru middle men like cable,satellite or streaming companies...they don't care about subs...they don't have to..its not their problem...they just bully the providers...withhold popular channels etc etc

• Sad
Reactions: TheKrell and HipKat
And limits are being reached. Disney/ESPN, for example. How popular is the Sunday Ticket? How popular next year?

If our economy has a serious downturn over the next year, will professional sports survive as we know them? HBO?

A normal cable system only deals with a handful of local channels...dish deals with hundreds if not thousands of local channels

What "normal" cable system do you mean? This isn't the 80s where every town had their own cable company, they are all run by big conglomerates now. Comcast has more than double the amount of TV customers that Dish does, and Charter and Cox aren't far behind. Source.

Reactions: ncted and pattykay
I wasn't aware google was a content provider...I guess you learn something new everyday

Reactions: pattykay

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts