*Sigh* D* just added 4 new HD locals

james_k_p

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Apr 11, 2006
Slidell, LA
DIRECTV Expands Local HD

April 4: Albuquerque, Buffalo, New Orleans and Tulsa can now receive local channels in brilliant High-Definition.

http://www.directv.com/DTVAPP/global/contentPage.jsp?assetId=3060004

Being that I'm in New Orleans...and our NBC is still down from Hurricane Katrina using OTA, and yes I know all those goofy alternative methods, but I'm not going to burden someone with "moving" to their address....this sucks.

I remember reading last year that New Orleans was going to be in the batch of HD locals to be added to E*. Whatever happened?

I'm almost tempted to get a d* system. But for now I'll just keep waiting....:(.

Being that I'm in New Orleans...and our NBC is still down from Hurricane Katrina using OTA, and yes I know all those goofy alternative methods, but I'm not going to burden someone with "moving" to their address....this sucks.

BTW, D* has ABC, CBS, and NBC in New Orleans, they're missing FOX for HD LIL.

Here's the e-mail I got from Dish when I complained about D* getting HD locals in Greenville and we still haven't gotten them:

Dear Mr. Justice,

Thank you for your e-mail. We apologize for any inconvenience. We plan to launch up to 50 local HD markets. At this time, we do not have any specifics on when your city's HD channels will launch. Please stay tuned for consumer Charlie Chats that are broadcast monthly on Channel 101 or log-on to our website for future programming announcements.

Your business is greatly appreciated and we thank you for allowing us to be of assistance to you. If you have any further questions or concerns, please refer to www.dishnetwork.com or reply to this e-mail.

Looks like it's time for a move !!

Yep...you could probably move faster than it took to type that email. You can't beat it. Keep the OTA for your local HD's you can get. Use the dish for NBC-HD. You'd also have a backup incase one of your local affiliates forget to flip the "HD switch" or is broadcasting a program in 2.0 audio instead of 5.1.

BTW, D* has ABC, CBS, and NBC in New Orleans, they're missing FOX for HD LIL.

I know, but I get everything beautifully OTA, so all the other stations do not matter to me. Our NBC affiliate has just never come back from the hurricane for OTA. And all the local cable systems haven't worked out a deal to carry NBC HD, so without OTA working, we have NO way of getting NBC in HD. That is until now, and that is to get a D* dish on my house just for that station.

I won't do it now. I'll just keep praying that a miracle will happen before the next NFL season starts up...so I can see my Saints on NBC in glorious HD....either OTA or on E*.

At least this should start putting pressure on E* from D* to get the same locals up to compete.

Sorry Charlie, but this is goodby.

Buffalo locals were suppose to be up last year, they're not. Direct TV beat you to it, what a shame.:(

The Weather Channel's Local on the 8's was suppose to be up and running, it's not. :(
Now it looks like the extra storage feature is running into problems.

Lots of big talk, and no action. They just string us all along to keep us from leaving.

When you ask them anything, you get one of their famous form letters, or a scripted message from a computer screen, not a personal knowledgeable response, that say nothing.

RSN's are nice but getting local channels and local HD channels is a service that serves more people than RSNs.

Are they going to black out all your local games like the do now? :eek:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)