Sign a petition and keep Monsters HD on the air.

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
dude its over....they pulled the plug on all of them

the horse is dead.....waaaaaaaaaaayyyyyyy dead

:(:(:(:(:(:(:(

Your pessimism saddens me, but there are still people who believe. i mean man walked on the moon! so monsters hd can stay on tv.

I think in tough times like this, when we are facing the imminent loss of the only channel to show horror movies 24/7, I belive the nation can pull together and reverse this awful decision. Monsters HD is the greatest channel in the history of the world, and the viewers of monsters Hd are the greatest people in the world.

LONG LIVE MONSTERS HD!

They can take our kung fu hd but they can never take our monsters hd!
Freeeeeeeeeedoooooooooooooooommmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm!!!!!!!!!!

:(:(:(:(:(:(:(

Your pessimism saddens me, but there are still people who believe. i mean man walked on the moon! so monsters hd can stay on tv.

I think in tough times like this, when we are facing the imminent loss of the only channel to show horror movies 24/7, I belive the nation can pull together and reverse this awful decision. Monsters HD is the greatest channel in the history of the world, and the viewers of monsters Hd are the greatest people in the world.

LONG LIVE MONSTERS HD!

They can take our kung fu hd but they can never take our monsters hd!
Freeeeeeeeeedoooooooooooooooommmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm!!!!!!!!!!

Well said that is too Funny.

Well said that is too Funny.

LOL
thanks
But i really hope this works. Voom failed because it had too many channels, therefore it needed lots of bandwith. Many cable operators werent willing to use all that bandwith for so many channels that really had nothign to show. Monsters HD however was great. Where else can you watch all your classic horror movies 24/7 in HD. There is such a large market for horror movie fans, and HD channels, that I think this channel would be really succesful by itself. Many cable operators across the country would pick it up and it would be financially succecful. The dolan empires mistake is to pull the plug on all of them. Instead they should have had less channels and consolidated more of the content.

Either way Monsters Hd is a great channel the way it is, and I really think it has a future!

no thanks

the only movies i watch from monsters are shown on other channels as well:

Friday the 13
Terminator
Holloween

Don't really get into the other crap on that channel

Doubt it would be economicly feasible for VOOM to retain Monster HD and a few others unless they went to commercials for revenue which would then ruin the stations the way they have AMC and Universal HD.

Doubt it would be economicly feasible for VOOM to retain Monster HD and a few others unless they went to commercials for revenue which would then ruin the stations the way they have AMC and Universal HD.

Or if some came back as a-la-carte premiums. I would pay extra for Monsters & Rave. But they could only survive if they became available to all providers.

I am a Dish Network sub so I have been feeling the pain for more than 6 months. I really miss these channels. No Cablevision in my neck of the woods.

I haven't been this disturbed about TV since "Lost in Space" got cancelled.

Or if some came back as a-la-carte premiums. I would pay extra for Monsters & Rave. But they could only survive if they became available to all providers.

I am a Dish Network sub so I have been feeling the pain for more than 6 months. I really miss these channels. No Cablevision in my neck of the woods.

I haven't been this disturbed about TV since "Lost in Space" got cancelled.

Im with you...Im very unhappy about all this. Betrayed by dish. Listen, I think Voom could have done some things to stay alive.

Not sure why they did not condense their programming? Cut out some of the less popular channels.

Heres a crazy fact. They were signed, might still be, to Att Uverse. They were suppose to go live 11\22.

I have Uverse...Then 3 days ago Voom says they are closing down.

I am beyond bummed.

Tv is just boring these days!!!

I don't think that they will just keep one channel. I agree monsters HD was good, but the rest were not.

Guys, give it up. It's over. No Voom channels will be carried after 1/20/09!!!

Rainbow Pulls Plug On Voom HD Service

Shutting Down Suite of 15 Networks

By Linda Moss -- Multichannel News

Rainbow Media Holdings, blaming a loss of carriage on Dish Network and the expected lengthy litigation stemming from that drop, is shutting down the domestic operations of its beleaguered Voom HD, its suite of 15 HD networks.

Dish Network had been the largest distributor of the Voom HD services, but it dropped them in May in a contract dispute with Rainbow. That left Voom HD with only one U.S. distributor, Rainbow parent Cablevision Systems Corp., which will replace the HD services, reportedly in late January when they go off.

Rainbow filed suit against Dish Network, seeking $1 billion for what it claimed was Dish’s violation of a 15-year carriage deal, and the tangled case remains in court.

In a memo to employees Thursday, Rainbow president and CEO Joshua Sapan blamed the suit and the scenario with Dish Network for leading to the demise of Voom HD domestically. The Voom HD operation, which includes two networks, will keep its international business running where it reaches 32 million subscribers in 36 countries.

“As you may have heard, Rainbow has made the difficult and painful decision to shut down the domestic operations of Voom, which regrettably will result in layoffs,” Sapan said in the memo. “Voom's domestic business was made possible through an affiliation agreement between Rainbow and EchoStar, which was established in 2005.”

“Unfortunately, earlier this year, a significant legal dispute arose with EchoStar (now known as Dish Network),” he added. “While that lawsuit is progressing, the expectation is that it will be at least a year before any sort of resolution is reached. Therefore, we have been evaluating different strategies and plans for Voom's domestic business.”

Said Sapan, “Unfortunately, as we analyzed the opportunities and challenges in the current environment and the lawsuit, it became clear that we can no longer operate Voom domestically, particularly without EchoStar fulfilling its obligations and providing its support. Some Voom staff will remain at Rainbow to manage the operation of Voom internationally, using our expertise in content development and the depth of our HD programming library to seek new distribution opportunities around the world.”

A Rainbow spokesperson confirmed that Voom’s domestic operation was being closed, but declined to comment further, or discuss how many employees will lose their jobs. But those staffers reportedly won’t have to leave for 60 days.

Cablevision will replace the 15 Voom networks with other HD channels, with that transition most likely coming in late January.

“We will replace these channels with other quality HD programming and there will be no reduction in the number of high-definition channels available to our iO TV customers,” a Cablevision spokesman said. “We currently offer 68 HD channels without any additional equipment or programming fees, unlike our competitors, and expect our HD lineup to continue to expand in the coming months.”

Earler this week, Scripps Networks announced that it had hired Voom HD general manager Greg Moyer as president of Scripps Networks International.

Glenn Oakley, senior vice president of business development at Voom, will take over the international operations for the HD service.

Guys, give it up. It's over. No Voom channels will be carried after 1/20/09!!!

Rainbow Pulls Plug On Voom HD Service

Shutting Down Suite of 15 Networks...
While the petition will demonstrate continued interest in the MonstersHD genre, VOOM is doing away due to pending litigation with E*...and the way in which the affiliation agreement was structured. Rainbow Media, their HD production studio, and the HD programming library will continue to exist post VOOM. I would not be surprised to see a few "new" channels pop-up after the New Year to supplement AMC, IFC and WE programming (e.g., MunstersHD, WorldRushHD, ArtsyGalleryHD, TravelingTheEquatorHD, GamingRaveHD).

We shall see what, if anything, Rainbow Media has in store in the coming months, but all new initiatives will be done under the Rainbow moniker and not VOOM.

While the petition will demonstrate continued interest in the MonstersHD genre, VOOM is doing away due to pending litigation with E*...and the way in which the affiliation agreement was structured. Rainbow Media, their HD production studio, and the HD programming library will continue to exist post VOOM. I would not be surprised to see a few "new" channels pop-up after the New Year to supplement AMC, IFC and WE programming (e.g., MunstersHD, WorldRushHD, ArtsyGalleryHD, TravelingTheEquatorHD, GamingRaveHD).

We shall see what, if anything, Rainbow Media has in store in the coming months, but all new initiatives will be done under the Rainbow moniker and not VOOM.

It would be great if some of those stations came back ala Rainbow Media however that is doubtful since VOOM is ceasing it's North American broadcasting and not going out of business all-together. Those stations will still be VOOM.

Cablevision here in New York is dropping ALL of VoomHD, including the excellent uncut, unedited, commercial free Monsters HD tomorrow.

Why is it when a quality, well done, loved channel premiers, it is yanked off a few years later even though the customers support and want the channels?

I am canceling Cablevision.

Cablevision here in New York is dropping ALL of VoomHD, including the excellent uncut, unedited, commercial free Monsters HD tomorrow.

Why is it when a quality, well done, loved channel premiers, it is yanked off a few years later even though the customers support and want the channels?

I am canceling Cablevision.

Once they find out your canceling, they might bring Voom back. :rolleyes:

You'll need more then a petition. Come up with several million dollars and maybe they'll sell it to you. Then see how long you keep a money losing venture with no carriage going.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)