• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.
For those who keep checking and asking, did you read the e-mail they sent you ??
You must reply by Thursday Nov 15 by 1:00pm MST to participate. After we receive your acceptance, your ViP622 DVR or ViP722 DVR will receive a special software version. It may take up to one week before your ViP622 DVR or ViP722 DVR receiver has the trial software. We will send you an email notifying you when this occurs.

And what the problem with asking if anyone received it? Do you ever post anything positive?

Thank you! "It may take up to one week..." to me means it could be tomorrow or it could be 7 days from now or anywhere in between. I don't think it hurts anybody to ask if others received the update yet. :rolleyes:

I haven't seen it yet. I'm guessing it will be next week after the holiday. All they need is a bunch of angry testers that can't get a hold of support if problems arise.

Thank you! "It may take up to one week..." to me means...
Haha ! You have no experience with Dish and dates they give for software releases, do you ?? :D

And trust me, when someone gets the update, THEY'LL POST !! There will be no need to ask. :D :D

All they need is a bunch of angry testers that can't get a hold of support if problems arise.
You're not supposed to call customer support. All "support" will be via an e-mail address that they'll provide if/when they tell you you're getting the software. If you call CS, they'll tell you the feature doesn't exist or that they know nothing about it (which they may not yet).

You're not supposed to call customer support. All "support" will be via an e-mail address that they'll provide if/when they tell you you're getting the software. If you call CS, they'll tell you the feature doesn't exist or that they know nothing about it (which they may not yet).

Where did I say "call". I said "get a hold of". I can't imagine the firmware support staff is working this weekend.

BTW, When I called CS to get my Receiver ID, they knew about the Dish Online trial.

**** Email removed. ****

Remember this is a private beta. :)

**** And yes they forgot the attachment. ****

Last edited by a moderator:
I just got the email too. However according to the email, there is supposed to be an attachment with instructions but there is no attachment to the email. :confused:

Also report any other issues seen during normal TV viewing while using this beta software.

We appreciate your participation in this test and look forward to receiving your feedback.

Due to the upcoming holiday email will be monitored but on a limited basis...
I'm not participating, but I wonder why they chose to spool the software just before a long holiday weekend? :confused:

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts