Status
Please reply by conversation.
Maybe they figure you'll be away from home for Thanksgiving and want to set a timer remotely at grandma's house. What a practical test!
My comment was directed towards the rare chance ;) that a software update would affect the operation of the receiver and limited support would be available....

Do realize that we all did agree to an NDA. It might be difficult to enforce, but I've seen it happen (not with dish and fortunately not with me) and it wasn't pretty.:shh Thanks anyway for posting the attachment before they did.

Horrible thought: if it hoses our receivers - we asked for it. :neener

I'm looking forward to playing with this tonight!

PLease do NOT post any information or PDF files for this beta test.

This is why it is a private beta. :)

We want Dish to continue offer software testing like this and dont want to ruin it by leaking its information to the internet.

Mine is downloading. Looks like it is about half done, if the indicator is accurate.

Where did I say "call". I said "get a hold of".
My point is, you won't "get a hold of" anyone either. You'll be lucky to get a response to any e-mails, first off. Also, people often want a "fix" or resolution to a problem they encounter and that just won't happen here. They'll simply document the issue and make development aware of it.
BTW, When I called CS to get my Receiver ID, they knew about the Dish Online trial.
Call 'em back 3-4 times and see. Hey, maybe they *do* know, but the fact is, they're not in a position to "help" with it nor track it.

PLease do NOT post any information or PDF files for this beta test.

This is why it is a private beta. :)

We want Dish to continue offer software testing like this and dont want to ruin it by leaking its information to the internet.
I see you're enforcing this... :) Good idea too because, as you say, you want to remain on Dish's good side and "help" them with stuff like this. In that case, what information, if anything, are people allowed to post ?

Mine is downloading. Looks like it is about half done, if the indicator is accurate.

How can you tell if it is downloading or not.

It seemed like my reciever was doing something, then it was done. It didnt appear to take the update though.

Any thoughts

I see you're enforcing this... :) Good idea too because, as you say, you want to remain on Dish's good side and "help" them with stuff like this. In that case, what information, if anything, are people allowed to post ?

I agree with this as well. Should we be posting at all? Should this thread be closed?

Mine downloaded and then the receiver was doing something for like 5 min and now it's rebooting. I'll let you know what happens after that.

Remember folks you have a NDA with Dish, if you would like the chance to do more testing like this you are advised NOT to post about your testing here. :)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)