Signal Amplifier for One TV Only

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Donnernv

Original poster
Sep 15, 2008
I have a DTV 5 lnb dish. Satellite to in-house distribution center. All RG-59 (I know...I know). Feeds three old Uniden SD receivers and three DirecTv new hi-def receivers through house distribution system.

No problems whatsoever, except....the newest DirecTv receiver is about 100 feet away from the sat dish/distribution center, through RG-59. (As is another high def receiver, which works fine). The newest one receives SD channels fine, but will not receive HD channels.

A professional installer said that there is some (unspecified) problem with the wiring in the walls to this receiver. Possibly a buried splitter as the cable from the distribution center once fed two rooms simultaneously.

Initially installed, the newest receiver couldn't "see" the satellite. Replacing a 20 ft. cable from the wall to the receiver with a 15 ft. cable solved that, (unbelievable) but still no high def channels.

The signal strength is marginal, much lower than on all the other TVs. I assume that an in-line signal amplifier would solve the problem. What do you guys think?

Can you recommend one? Where would be the best place to install it? The other TVs are all fine. I am guessing the best installation point would be in the distribution center feeding just this recalcitrant receiver/TV point.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Donnernv

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts