signal help

pedro009

Original poster
Oct 31, 2004
Hi we just recently moved, and when we put up our dish (expressvu 3100) There was no signal and we cant seem to get a signal. Does anybody know whats going on?

Are you 100% certain your look angles are correct?

If so, are you using existing cables in the home?

Sometimes, if it is pre-wired for cable, there can be splitters inside the walls and/or attic that are NOT compatible with satellite. Not to mention not being RG6.

Run a good RG6 cable directly from the dish to your receiver for setup. See if that works.

If you are sure the cable is good and the look angles are correct, then next have to determine if the LNB or receiver got damaged in the move.

Maybe you are not getting the satellite, 99% of the time peoples think they are there but it is not. I do not know from where to where you move, so not much can help in this case.

He's right it's the wrong sat

I had one of our installers call me up after being on the job site for 4 hours trying to set up 1 receiver. He told me that he knew he was aimed at the right sat because his signal meter was reading a great signal. Any sat will give you good tone on a meter. I'm in northern Cali. and if you move your dish an inch left or right you will hit a hand full. Make sure that that your azimuth is correct and adjust your dish slowly with your receiver set up so you can here or see the signal bars. If you adjust to fast it may not relay to you rec. before you hit another sat that is not yours.
I have customers that will call me up with some of the same problems after a couple of days of trying. It really bums them out when I get after just a few minutes.
Good luck

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts