signal help

sA :: Shaggy

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Sep 18, 2005
5701 S Santa Fe Dr
Im in the Sacramento area and i get very low signal with my dish 1000 (mostly around 60s and w/ rain 50s if it doesnt drop lol). I was wondering how much better signal i should expect to get if i switch to a dish 1000 plus (110,118,119,129)? im asking because im tempted to get one of the china packages and if it will help all of my signal problems at the same time then y not go for it? i would like to keep the single dish setup.

thanks in advance for advice. -shaggy

ps if you would like to help another person and myself on a dif issue please read here... http://www.satelliteguys.us/showthread.php?t=95040

get a separate dish for 129. This can be a Dish300, 500, 24", 30", you get the drift :)

I dont think the Dish1000+ will help the issue of low signal. Since the dish is looking at multiple satellites they have to compensate.

Shaggy,

I think your signal is too low for the Sacramento area. If you just had an install by Dish, call them out to re aim the dish for a better signal. A 24" or larger dish helps as you get farther up the coast, but may not be needed. If I remember, you used to have a couple of dishes on the roof and you can go back to that. The 129 LNB can be removed from the Dish 1000 and used on a dedicated dish, still using the 1000 (or 500) for 110 and 119.

Miner

yea i used to have a couple dishes, but after i switched to the 1000 i got rid of them. and it seemed to be doing pretty well untill this rain kicked in.. i cant try to put another one up again.. also for some reason on reg discovery 182 i get signal loss as well... but i will try the 1000+ and then add a single dish for the 129 and get the china pack.. sound good? lol i hope that improves all my signals.

ok thanks for all the info.. my sister is going to china for a month or so, i figure ill record some stuff for her before she leaves. lol. we will see how it all goes... let you know in say a week lol

you say you have a 1000+? what signal strength do u get?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)