signal in Central America (1 Viewer)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

keelobight

Jan 24, 2010
USA
I'm taking my RV on a trek through central america and I'm wondering if anyone has actually set up around costa rica or nicaraga? I'm got an AU9 slimline and a basic 18" 101 dish in my RV that I set up on a tripod. I read I would need a 6m dish down there but that seems a little extreme. Has anyone else tried and failed/succeeded?

areinike

Jan 22, 2010
Florida, USA
I'd be willing to bet not many of us have RV'd down to Nicaragua or Costa Rica to begin with! :) But ... you'd think that because the birds will still be south of where you'll be, I don't think you'll be within the footprint of signal. Check it out.

KVH Satellite Footprint Maps - TracVision

Plus, I'm not even sure of the legality of it since you'll be outside of the US.

keelobight

Jan 24, 2010
USA
Yeah I know I've seen all the maps and done research, I'm just hoping to hear from someone that has actually tried it in the real world.

HDinCincy

SatelliteGuys Pro
Aug 15, 2007
Cincinnati, USA
Yeah I know I've seen all the maps and done research, I'm just hoping to hear from someone that has actually tried it in the real world.

Extremely unlikely... I have heard of people receiving signal in Cabo with a larger dish BUT you're about 10 degrees further south. Good LUCK!:cool:

PMKS

SatelliteGuys Pro
Jan 7, 2005
South Texas
Iceberg is right,

Some years back there used to a website about getting DirecTV in Central / Northern South America. I remember that on the website, they used locally made 8 or 10 ft fiberglass dishes with DirecTV or Dish LNB's to get a signal. This was before the Mpeg-4 equipment / satellites.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users who are viewing this thread

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Latest posts