Signal intensity at 60 % and No signal

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

BrainPain

Original poster
Jan 26, 2022
United States Of America
Hello,
Im having trouble setting my system up I'm trying to use a "KOQIT K1" receiver and a 33 inch dish with a HD GT lnb it's been a pain in the rear Ups droped off the dish with out the lnb one of the shippers lost it they finally mailed a replacement. So heres the problem the system shows 60 % signal intensity but no signal strength. What might be wrong and whats a good Satellite to test with. I have it set for Galaxy 19. I have tried to aim at other Satellites nothing more happens.
Thank you

I am unfamiliar with that receiver. But my Dish receivers show something like inverse error rate rather than actual signal strength. So, if the error rate goes up for some reason, then you could see "no signal strength", i.e. a signal so crappy that nothing is being decoded. That is not the same thing as the signal intensity which presumably really is an RF signal strength.

Hello,
Im having trouble setting my system up I'm trying to use a "KOQIT K1" receiver and a 33 inch dish with a HD GT lnb it's been a pain in the rear Ups droped off the dish with out the lnb one of the shippers lost it they finally mailed a replacement. So heres the problem the system shows 60 % signal intensity but no signal strength. What might be wrong and whats a good Satellite to test with. I have it set for Galaxy 19. I have tried to aim at other Satellites nothing more happens.
Thank you

That 60% just shows you have a good lnbf connected to your receiver. I'm not familiar with the Koqit receivers so perhaps someone who has used one can give more info regarding it but as far a basic setup though make sure the specs on your lnbf match the specs you entered in your receiver, ie correct local oscillator frequency. Standard lnbf is usually 10750 & universal is 9750/10600.

What method are you using to determine where the sat is that you want to aim your dish at (compass and angle meter, phone app, etc)?

Make sure you have entered a known working transponder into your receiver or you won't get a quality reading. Keep in mind that you must move the dish in TINY increments - a fraction of an inch can be the difference between a signal and nothing. Aim it where you believe the sat you want is and pan SLOWLY left then right of that spot waiting for the receiver to try to lock - it can take a few seconds. If you get something stop and do a blind scan to figure out what sat you are pointed at. If not the one you wanted mark the spot so you can return to it then raise or lower the elevation a tiny amount and pan left/right again. Patience is the key. :)

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 3)