Signal Loss Switching Channels

Status
Please reply by conversation.

dukegrad

Original poster
Jun 18, 2008
I am trying to determine if my receivers are working correctly (but poorly) vs. a true bug/error.

** Issue **
When changing channels (live TV) I have two moments of signal loss. First is immediate upon channel change for 1-2 secs. Channel then shows for 1-2 secs and then Signal loss again for 1-2 secs before finally tuning the station. NOTE: this seems to be consistent regardless of what channels I change from/to but I have not gone down to a channel by channel test.

Signal loss here is defined as HDTV (via HDMI) splashing a message saying "No Signal" and blanking/blueing the screen.

Makes changing channels painful / slow. Moreover does not give wife & kids positive usability / confidence in setup.

** Setup / Scope of Issue **
I am experiencing this on at least two different receivers: HR21-100 and HR21-700 both at latest SW level (0x2F5 and 0x2F6). HR21-100 has two hdtv's attached, HR21-700 has one hdtv.

For HR21-100, I have a direct HDMI run to HDTV and a component out (w/ digital audio) to an Onkyo receiver which passes via HDMI to second hdtv. For HR21-700 it is a direct HDMI run to hdtv. This is run via a swm8.

(In addition I have HR22-100 and an SD receiver in my setup but haven't tested them yet).

My initial thought was the dual hdtv setup on HR21-100 was the issue. However having the same experience on a different box with more traditional hook-up (e.g. one hdtv via straight HDMI) seems more like the "slow response" issues I have read about here.

What do you think? Bug or "working as designed"?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts