signal loss

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

adawg56

Original poster
Jan 21, 2012
ohio
Have 5 lnb dish. signal strength at 101=0, 110=92, 119=99, 99c=95, 103ca=96 103cb=96 why no signal from 101? complete loss of everything.what gives??

adawg56 said:
Have 5 lnb dish. signal strength at 101=0, 110=92, 119=99, 99c=95, 103ca=96 103cb=96 why no signal from 101? complete loss of everything.what gives??

Either you have snow in the exact right place or I'd say have a bad LNB. My bet is the bad lnb

Are all transponders on 101 showing 0 strength? I lean toward a bad LNB.
Also, check for corrosion on the connectors. Weird things happen when that happens.

Yes, all transponders on 101 are at 0,3 at 110(92-96),11 at119(66-100),14 at 99(88-98),16 at 103ca(95-97), 14 at 103cb(94-97)

:welcome to Satelliteguys adawg56!

Are you getting any of the channels that come from 101? That is, virtually all of the sd channels. What about the hd versions?

no channels at all, messages on tv screen says searching for signal on sattelite in 1(771), acquiring guide data.

If 101 is not working, the receiver won't start up because all the initial download stuff (like guide data) is from 101...

So do I have a bad LNB? Dish is only about 6 months old. I will check connections as soon as I clear all this snow off of the roof. And yes I already cleaned snow off of the dish.

texasbrit said:
If 101 is not working, the receiver won't start up because all the initial download stuff (like guide data) is from 101...

He never reset it. Odds are that LNB has went bad. The signals are where they should be, a little low but nothing to concerning

He does not have to reset it. If 101 is missing for too long, the receiver will try to reload the guide data and that is what seems to have happened.

texasbrit said:
He does not have to reset it. If 101 is missing for too long, the receiver will try to reload the guide data and that is what seems to have happened.

Not exactly. I've seen guide data come in on 119. Depends on location I think. Correct me if I'm wrong though

Not exactly. I've seen guide data come in on 119. Depends on location I think. Correct me if I'm wrong though

That depends on if he's using a SAl3 or 5, I believe.

I looked at his orig. post, he's using a SL5 apparently,
Tex, doesn't the guide info come from the 119 if there is a 5 lnb in play and the 101 if it's a 3 lnb set up ?

This is why some were trying to change to a SL3 in the beginning because of guide issues...

I reset and no help, everything same so I ordered a new 5 LNB for dish. Hope this is the problem. Thanks for your help and I'll let you know if it works.
GO BUCKS!!

I reset and no help, everything same so I ordered a new 5 LNB for dish. Hope this is the problem. Thanks for your help and I'll let you know if it works.
GO BUCKS!!

Did you happen to do a "Repeat Sat Set Up" to verify that the recvr is seeing the correct Sat/lnb set up ?

Jimbo said:
Did you happen to do a "Repeat Sat Set Up" to verify that the recvr is seeing the correct Sat/lnb set up ?

There's no dish set up that sees all them birds except the 101.

If you have a 5LNB non-SWM dish, the guide data comes from 101 if you are watching a channel on 99/101. And from 119 if you are watching a channel from 103 or 119 If you have a 3LNB dish, or any SWM dish or multiswitch, the guide data always comes from 119.
If you start losing guide data, the receiver gives you a warning. If you lose it altogether, the receiver starts looking for the 101 guide data. In some circumstances, the receiver will actually reset...

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)