Signal Meter advice

Status
Please reply by conversation.

ty.c

Original poster
Aug 1, 2007
I am new to this forum and was hoping to ask what I think to be a very simple question. I am the owner of a company that finds itself doing about 20 DirecTV installs a year. I am looking for a really easy to use digital signal meeter that will work with the Ka/Ku band satellites and display readouts for all the current and hopefully future DirecTV satellites. We have run into some issues pointing the newer dishes and I am ready to throw money at the problem. I am not saying that money is no object but if the $650 meters are that much easier to use and upgradable I am prepared to spend the cash. What I want to avoid is a difficult to use meter that my guys will not get any benifit out of or one that will not be compatible with new satellites in a year. I have read through the posts and much of what you guys are talking about is a bit over my DSS head. As with most things I defer to the experts and appriciate your advise.

Satellite Meter

I have an Accutrack III, a Birddog and a Super Buddy. By far and away the most powerful is the Super Buddy and it does Ka directly. The Accutrac III does Ka also but overall my least favorite meter. For intermittent usage and for easy and quickness of setup I think the Birddog is the best. I use it as my primary meter and if specific problems pull out the SuperBuddy. The Super Buddy is great at direct power (dB) measurements, as well as full transponder listings. I rarely use my accutrac III.
Hope this helps.

Doctor j

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts