Signal meter intermittent in TP List "add" and scan?

radio

"On the Air" in MI
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Oct 13, 2007
West Central Michigan
Like the MicroHD thus far, its my wanting to get everything programmed into it but having to work it in around "life" that annoys me! Thought I'd wait to see if I can figure a couple things out before posting, and looked for similar thread.

Scanning 87w, (2) TPs are all that will show up. Verified that the positioner is in the same spot as it was for the former receiver. Can't read a bit of signal on this setup screen, and not enough to trip Weathernation into memory on what reads as 3736/14400V but, (4) "LPTV" show up. I've rocked the positioner and think I've hit it correctly with no issues (nothing there has changed)....but nothing on the TP signal and quality meters, except a steady 45 on signal which seems to be default.

Now, if I use "up/down" to go through the TP list, I briefly show a good, usable signal. Both TPs are V, so its not a switch issue. What could be causing WN and the signals not to show? I am running the recommended updated firmwware.

Hope I haven't duplicated anyone else's post, and God knows with a new receiver, we're all learning together.

Like most of it thus far, it's "getting used to me."

Ideas welcomed as always! (after dinner at the local pub.)

Anything's possible! I hadn't been to that setting since the ME move......but I did run the dish up and down and got no signal. What's odd is the showing of signal only when using that up/down then it goes away. Will keep at it.

Thanks, Brent! Either the positioner or I slipped a cog! (no comments, please.) Had to reprogram that satellite's position in the VBOX.
Odd, most if not all others held fine. I must have hit a button I didn't want to hit!
Sorry for the bother, folks! I really DIDN'T think it was possible, given the success thus far of transferring info into the microHD.

Cheers!

(Maybe all I needed was that trip to the pub after all!)

Thanks, Brent! Either the positioner or I slipped a cog! (no comments, please.) Had to reprogram that satellite's position in the VBOX.
Odd, most if not all others held fine. I must have hit a button I didn't want to hit!
Sorry for the bother, folks! I really DIDN'T think it was possible, given the success thus far of transferring info into the microHD.

Cheers!

(Maybe all I needed was that trip to the pub after all!)

no worries ;) We all make mistakes. At least you posted the channels you WERE getting (made it easier to figure out)

I love this place! The MicroHD has certainly made it fun for us to compare notes.

Think I finally got enough of my old stuff loaded to unplug, remove, and box up the openbox.
Insert applause here! Glad to move on.

BTW..favorite suggestion read in other parts of the MHD discussion threads is "autopeak" for the signal to make up for slight dish movement. Can't wait to get back to doing PVR once I find a new HD with external power supply.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)