Signal Meter Parameters - If Their The Same Then How Can It Distinguish Diff Satlite

Stargazer

Supporting Founder
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Sep 7, 2003
Western WV
I have seen the owners manual of a SF-3000 and noticed that the parameters were the same for Dish Network 61.5, Nimiq 1 & 2 Bell ExpressVu 81 & 91, Directv 101, Dish Network Echostar 8 110, Echostar 7 119, Dish Network 61.5 129 and 148. If this is the case then how is it going to distinguish between those different satellites if the parameters are the same? It states that F is 12224 R, SR is 20000/21500 and LO is 11250 on all those satellites. If it would state that you are picking up one satellite when you are looking for another then wouldn't that defeat the purpose or is there a different F or LO on each of these satellites that would not be found on the other and that the manufacturer got lazy and did not list the different ones? If I would try to get 119 in but it finds those same parameters for 101, 110 or 129 then that would defeat the purpose of having such a meter. Do meters like the Bird Dog work in the same way or do you have to put the paremeters in for the satellite that you want to look for first for it to tell you if you found that one particular satellite? I thought it told you which satellite you found as long as it was in the unit instead of it only looking for the one you told it to look for.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts