Signal not recognized on one receiver only

Status
Please reply by conversation.

codton

SatelliteGuys Guru
Original poster
Nov 5, 2007
Waterford, CT
I have a HR22-100 HD DVR, standard DVR-16-300, and Standard D-12 500 in my 3 rooms. I've had NO issues with the HR22 or D-12.

However, my DVR-16-300 has had satellite issues for 4 days straight. I just had the system installed 10 days ago. I have a slimline dish-5S with SWM. I have been unable to acquire a signal on this receiver, but then suddenly it returns and the TV works. At times the tv plays the wrong channel (plays an infomercial on a network channel, for instance).

I did a system check and everything says OK. I've done several resets, and sometimes it is simply not able to recognize a satellite signal and it stays stuck at 0%. The frustrating thing is that it works sometimes. Again, the other TVs are fine.

The tech installed this unit with the existing wiring in the house. Does that matter? Is it a SWM issue, or LNB issue?

Any ideas out there?:confused:

Call the guy back out, they usual leave thier business card incase something should go wrong, you've only had it for 10 days.
Let him know and he'll look into the ways to fix it.

Call the guy back out, they usual leave thier business card incase something should go wrong, you've only had it for 10 days.
Let him know and he'll look into the ways to fix it.

I have a tech visit set up for tomorrow. I will have him examine everything. Funny thing is, it has worked fine for the last 24 hours. Isn't it always that way??

Could it be temperature related?? The weather just got warmer into the 50s these last 24 hours. I'm searching for anything at this point. The receiver that has had problems has probably over 100+ feet of wire from the splitter to the receiver (it snakes outside the house and then back inside the house), plus it is two coaxial cables connected together (not one long wire) by a connector.

With the HR2x series you can go into setup and view the temperature of the DVR.
Not sure if you can with the R16, but it should be there.

R-16 temperature is 104 degrees. Does that seem normal?

That sounds like a Very GOOD temp,, thats probably NOT the issue.
The HR recvrs run from a little over 100 to 130, sometimes a little more, but 127 is about the highest I would want to see mine running.

The tech came out and replaced the LNB and checked everything over. It's been working for about 48 hours now, and he thinks it will be fine. He also updated the software on the R-16... I hope this is the end of it!

The tech came out and replaced the LNB and checked everything over. It's been working for about 48 hours now, and he thinks it will be fine. He also updated the software on the R-16... I hope this is the end of it!

Good to hear everything is working now :up

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts