This is a mobile optimized page that loads fast, if you want to load the real page, click this text.

Signal Problems on G25, G10R

Status
Please reply by conversation.

tranny

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Mar 15, 2008
Hello All,

Now that I was able to get the linear sats, my signal strength is about 45 - 60 on the strongest transponders on G25. I tweaked the dish the best I could. Should I look into a signal booster? I have heard of someone mentioning LNB focusing. Is that an option? If it is, how do you do it?

Signal quality needs to be compared with a similar receiver as yours (coolsat7000?), so 45-60 may be ok for it...my fortec mercII has g25 at 50-68. Note also that the QPH-031 LNB may be a bit heavy for the 33" fortec without lnb arm supports...

Thanks for the reply.

I would br happy with that signal quality but I think I stated those were my best transponders. Most are between 8 - 25 percent. Some just fade in and out. I would not mind if I could watch TV without glitches and artifacts.

The dish seems stable.

the first mistake i made when i set up my dish was i didn't realize the lnbf would adjust in and out and i never checked the skew. On most dishes the lnbf will adjust in toward the dish and out ( away from the dish) also if the skew isn't set correctly it will affect the signal. Check these to see if the lnbf is set correctly for signal strength.

good luck

I am seeing the same thing, down from 60 on the weakest. I seem to be getting a wierd signal pattern from G25. I blamed it on the weather. But now the weather has been good all day and still getting the wierd adjusting patterns. Could I be getting interferance or intermod from a nearby sat. or is there a side lobe on this one? I have been all day moving my primestar so I have not tried very long getting around a lobe. Some one have a spectrum analizer to look at it so we do not spend too much time chasing something we can not help? (I could also have a wind warp.)
TNX POP

Status
Please reply by conversation.