Signal problems on the 129 sat.

ParadisePlacebo

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Sep 21, 2010
Marion, IL
This is for my parents place, and here's what I know of their setup: a single VIP 722 (backfeeding an SD tv in a bedroom) connected to a 1k.2 dish pointed at the 110, 119, and 129 sats; and a 500 dish pointed at the 77 sat for HD locals. I don't know what LNB or switch they have 'cause it's in the crawl space under the house. They have the America's 250 channel pack.

The issue they're having is pixellation and flash signal drops on a few channels on the 129 sat. The signal strength on the 129 is consistently in the mid 30's, while the others are from the high 40's into the 60's. The problem is intermittent through out the day and night, with nothing on the weather radar between here (the Paducah, KY market) and Texas, and there aren't any trees or physical obstructions involved. Does this sound like a signal strength/alignment issue, or a reciever/equipment issue?

I'm trying my best to get them to upgrade to a Hopper with an all Eastern arc setup, but they're in a rental house and don't want another contract. Having a better idea of the problem should help to bolster my argument. Thanks in advance for your replies.

The signals on 129 are low. Probably need to tweak the antenna a bit. Also possible the reflector is somewhat warped. Either DIY (the adjusting) or sign up for the protection plan, get a cheap service call to adjust the dish (or replace if warped), and then drop the protection plan. I'm guessing that's the Paducah market?

Thanks for your reply! Yeah, it's the Paducah market. I haven't heard about reflectors warping, so I hadn't even considered that. I plan on trying to reposition the dish tomorrow, but if I can't get a 40+ signal then I'm going tom try my upgrade sales pitch again.

Willow TV

Switching providers in the coming weeks

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)