Signal problems with my new Captiveworks system

Status
Please reply by conversation.
ok.....yes these channels were just a test signal or something.....said roberts communication....... Good then I am on the right track.....its starting to make some sense......

ok..I am finally up and running.......just needed a 2nd capable set of hands to help get the dish aligned.....now when I click thru the install, the box will rotate to the next satellite all the way thru 148 - 61....the problem that I am now finding....I cannot get any C band satellite to scan....my captive works shows good signal but 0 quality.....and I am using an invacom lnb. In setup I have the lnb picked properly but do not get a signal....when I have the dish pointing to a C band satellite...the box shows good signal using the circular side but 0 when using the linear side.....I thought I need to use the linear side of the lnb to receive C band satellites? Any help would be appreciated.....I really dont want to move the dish around because I finally do have the arc set right to pick up the Ku band satellites...

I am mostly interested in news/wild feeds on C band satellites like Galaxy 11....figured that would be fun to watch....but still cant get the box to located the satellite....

You won't get any C-band satellites with a 90cm dish. You need at least a 6' dish for C-band. You'll also need a C-band LNB. ku-band LNB won't work for C-band.

Al

ok....I guess I shouldnt have bought the invacom l/c lnb since I will get no use out of it unless I am using a bigger dish....I guess I was confused on what the lnb allowed me to view.....

i guess I was ill informed......I am using the linear side of the lnb to check for signals on satellites....when or what satellites should i have the circular lnb set to?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Satellite Dish LNBF Triple Holder For Pansat

Wineguard 2076 Dish?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)